Update to T301 Cruz now it is frozen and wont power off

Maxximuss

Jun 18, 2011
I just got this thing and have barley used it, I figured on updating it right away now it wont do anything.
1. I followed all the instructions on the install and it did the install.
2. when it rebooted after install it stuck on load screen and wont power off.
3. I tried everything, resetting, removing the battery you name it.
4. question, does the unit take a long time it finalize it before you can use it. I have found no where that tells me how long this process will take.
5. right now its sitting on a coffee table plugged into the adapter and will not shut down stuck in the load screen.
6. anyone out there that can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
:confused:

Last edited:

Maxximuss

Jun 18, 2011
New update to this story:
Contacted the manufacture and they will do nothing. Seeing I waited almost a week for a response I phoned and talked to a nice person that said he would see what he could do. Also informed him that this item was a gift, about 100 of these got handed out at a golf tournament and that I don't have a bill of sale. Called the next day and they basically said they would do nothing. Very poor customer service, not to the guy I talked to but the company itself. So there are 99 others that if they need customer support they will not get it. I had a X-box repaired that I bought and never had to submit a invoice for it. They paid for all the shipping and from claim to return it took less than 2 weeks turnaround. How is this not a legit claim when you got a new unit registered with them and serial # ? I will never buy a product made by them now due to this, knowing that they will not go the extra mile for their customers. Good luck to all those who ever install the wrong firmware that the unit will allow you to do (In error) and not stop this from happening. Read every note on their site before you install any update or your screwed!! also one thing I find dumb, why would they make the firmware update installer the same name for the different units anyway? Simply called "Update".

PS: it has a one year warranty that I cannot use, go figure?

Jeep4meg

Jun 25, 2011
I had a similar problem with a Cruz T301. I was trying to install the update in order to return the tablet back to its original state so that I could return it for a refund. I called the support number and was instructed to follow the update instructions. I did this several times with no success. I called back and was told I would need to send in the tablet for repairs...so I registered the device and submitted a trouble report to begin the process. Two days later I received a reply that I should erase the download from the SD card and download it again using Internet Explorer. This did not work either. In desperation, I reformatted the SD card so nothing was on it, downloaded the file and followed the procedure. It completed successfully and I have now returned the device.

It does take a while for the update to be applied and then subsequently for the device to start up. I just set it aside and did something else for about half an hour and when I came back the Cruz was back to its original state and working perfectly.

Holding down both the volume and power buttons at the same time (and also trying to use the reset function) is sort of tough but have patience. I probably tried about 20-30 times before I achieved success.

bodie

Nov 28, 2011
I thought I had bricked my T301. Performing a full (not a quick) format on the SD card and trying it again solved the problem. You are a GENIUS! Thanks again for posting.

ptlove720

Dec 30, 2011
My daughter set her pattern password to something she could not remember. It took a long time to get the thing to cooperate, but the long format and a lot of prayer and we're in. :D
I thought I had bricked my T301. Performing a full (not a quick) format on the SD card and trying it again solved the problem. You are a GENIUS! Thanks again for posting.

duck30662

Jan 1, 2012
Had the same problem when i just bought it and was checking it out for a few days before my daughters birthday. Happened night before...was freaking out!! There is a reset button in between the power button and usb port, use a paperclip and push the botton in while holding the volume up button and it will default back to factory settings.Make sure you have the sd card in.You will lose all data you have downloaded, but worked good in my case.

tom45424

Feb 3, 2012
Mine quit, went nuts.
I thought screen was black. It was dimly lit.
Solution, I let it sit until it went completely off. Then recharged works fine.
Problem seemed to be when low battery tried to shut down screen locked before total shutoff.