Updates While Rooted - Ideos Tablet S7

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
So, I recently rooted my Ideos Tablet, and I just found out that Huawei will possibly update to 2.2 or 2.3 on the tablets.

Long story short, if the update does happen, will I still get the update if I'm rooted?

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that.

One more question, will I be notified about the update the same way that an "unrooted" user would be notified?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Best I can say is probably. Rooting is different than flashing, if you flash then you probably wont.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
So, any word yet on the 2.2 update? I know it may not be until sometime in March but really want it lol.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
I thought that Huwaei stated they would not release a 2.2 update for the S7 tablet and would release a 2.2 with a new tablet they are going to be releasing in 2011 Q1? Someone correct me if i'm wrong. I just hope someone could create a custom 2.2 rom. I miss flash :*(

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
From what I have read they do have a 2.2 scheduled but not until 1Q 2011... so Jan, Feb or March...

Maybe they will just take us to 2.3 :)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I thought that Huwaei stated they would not release a 2.2 update for the S7 tablet and would release a 2.2 with a new tablet they are going to be releasing in 2011 Q1? Someone correct me if i'm wrong. I just hope someone could create a custom 2.2 rom. I miss flash :*(

This was probably based on a report from Taiwan from a comment made by a marketing person from Huawei. We have a senior engineer on the S7 that is a member of this forum, and there will be an official upgrade coming.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
So glad to hear it. If Archos really did a 2.2 upgrade I think that may put a fire under Huawei to get the update done faster. It is such a better unit than the Archos and I would hate to see them loose market share over something they most likely have available now.

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
How would the "unrooted" be notified by Huawei company? Is it an automatic thing or would I have to do stuff to the device once i know that the update is here. Will I learn about it via my frequent visits to the forum?
Thank you so much!

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Man am i glad to hear that they will be releasing 2.2 for the S7 tablet.. My wife got me one for XMAS and i was happy that it had at least 2.1, but at the same time disappointed that it did not have 2.2 for the optimizationg of the os and flash etc etc..

This just made my day reading this from a Moderator :) yay!!! Love these forums!!!

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
Man am i glad to hear that they will be releasing 2.2 for the S7 tablet.. My wife got me one for XMAS and i was happy that it had at least 2.1, but at the same time disappointed that it did not have 2.2 for the optimizationg of the os and flash etc etc..

This just made my day reading this from a Moderator :) yay!!! Love these forums!!![/QUOTE

I totally agree! I am so glad that there are so many brainiacs in here who are doing such a great job here, helping everyone! My Huawei is still with me because of these discussions. My patience would have worn out and i would have dived for the G Tab the expense of which really i didnt need for occasional entertainment on the road.
Thanks pbrauer for your input and xaieous too.!