Updating the Android version

ruhtrasirrah

Sep 10, 2010
Just bought a new (cheap) Android tablet Mid LY-706 and the Android version is shown as V1.9_710Ac (does that make sense) Does anyone if it is possible to upgrade the version, if so, how :confused:

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
Just bought a new (cheap) Android tablet Mid LY-706 and the Android version is shown as V1.9_710Ac (does that make sense)
No, as there is no Android versions between 1.6 and 2.0... :) ...and generally there's no way to update to new Android versions unless the manufacturer specifically releases a new version for your device, or releases the source code of their Android flavor to enable other rom cooks to do it. Both scenarios are unfortunately very rare...

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Just bought a new (cheap) Android tablet Mid LY-706 and the Android version is shown as V1.9_710Ac (does that make sense) Does anyone if it is possible to upgrade the version, if so, how :confused:

its not that confusing that number is the firmware build number which is based off android 1.6 the last poster is correct as there is no android os between 1.6 and 2.0 but you can see if your tablet as any custom firmware and flash those

triplea333

Sep 15, 2011
Hello everyone,

I was looking online for android tablets and came up with this one. i recently bought a MID 706 7" google android tablet PC which seems to be made in China. I'm having a few problems with it and would appreciate any help you guys can throw in...

- the pre-loaded youtube app won't work (once opened everytime you search for any video it says no results found)
- in the pre-loaded calendar there's no way i can start using it, every time I try to add an event it says: NO CALENDARS... and I can't find anywhere how to create a new calendar to be able to use this app.
- in the "android market" no matter what you search for only chinese apps would come up, im guessing it's not linked to US android market.

I have had a few more problems which i cant remember right now, but anyway any tip or comment that you can help me with, will be appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance, god bless.