USB Cable Use Is Problematic

Daleus

Nov 8, 2012
I have a gTablet - I'm quite happy with the performance etc and gradually I'm getting a lot of little details figured out, although I had to have a more knowledgable friend install Cyanogen7 as I couldn't quite get it to work. A bit humbling to be brought to my knees like that, as an IT "expert". ;)

I was hoping someone here had posted the pdf user guides which don't appear to be available on the ViewSonic site any more. In fact, there is precious little useful information there - I guess in their eyes, I am using the old jalopy they don't want to support.

I got this tablet through work - the department purchased a bunch so that we impoverished tech workers could get some hands on experience to support tablets if required. So I got mine, but it sat in the drawer for at least a year before I could pry time out of my schedule to give it some attention.

I've worked my way through a lot of the forums here and answered a few questions, but I have one final question/issue I haven't been able to solve or find an answer for.

WTF is the point of this USB cable? It doesn't charge the device. If I want to move files to the tablet I plugin a USB thumb drive. I also use DropBox. I had assumed (oh yeah there's the error right there) that using the cable would allow a direct connect between PC and tablet. In fact, Windows 7-64 *does* mount two USB drives, but when I try to select either of them, I get the old "Please insert a disk into Removeable Disk S:" dialog. Ugh!

So for the second time, this damnable tablet has brought me to my knees.

Any help much appreciated - this seems to be a generally friendly forum with an amazingly small number of trolls. I hope for a good experience!

Cheers!
Dale