usb drive write protected (?????) HELP

dallasrules

Apr 23, 2013
I just got my first android tablet, a google nexus 7. I have been using a usb drive to store movies on because I am going on a trip and want to have a selection to view offline. It was going ok and I put about 7 movies on the drive. Then I tried to copy a movie of lets say questionable content. The movie did not copy over and now it is telling me that my usb drive is not write enabled. When I look at the folders on the drive, they all say read only. If I unclick it, and go back to it, it still says read only. I can not find anywhere to set the drive as write protected or not. I can not even format it. If I try on my pc, it says windows can not complete the function. I have scanned all of the files and movies on the drive and on the tablet and on the pc, and can not find any problems with them.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know why this happened or how I can fix it. I have a 64 gb drive with only 8 gb on it and supposedly 52 gb free that I can't use.:(

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi dallasrules, congratulations on your new nexus 7 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!