USB Keyboard on Gome Flytouch

micaradu

Jan 12, 2011
Hi everyone. I have a 7'' Gome Flytouch running android 1.6. I recently bought a leather book style cover for it that comes with an mini USB keyboard. I conected the keyboard to the tablet using the supplied adapter, the led's flash, but it doesn't work. Using the same ports i am able to connect card readers and USB memories which work perfectly. Is there a way to make it work (drivers, etc.)?

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hi micaradu, I've also got a leather case with keyboard, mine didn't work either! But I've connected it to the port close the connector, and then it did! Strange thing... must say it was on some FlyTouch clone when this occured. You can try using that port, hopefully it's the same problem I had.

micaradu

Jan 12, 2011
Tried both with the same result. Also tried a different ROM. Do you know where can i find a keyboard driver for it. Or....can you copy it from yours?
Also, wanted to ask you what's the battery life you get on yours. Mine hardly reaches 2 hrs with wireless on.

Thanks!

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hello micaradu,

My battery life is also about 2hours using wifi and dimmed screen :( quite poor but hey, I bought a cheap tablet :D I can't copy a keyboard support package/driver to your ROM, if I understand correctly you can add other devices on the ports ? If not I have a solution, if so I don't know anything about your device since there are 100's of FlyTouches nowadays and you haven't specified your model or even firmware/mod?