Using bluetooth keyboards on honeycomb, Need some input

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I'm looking for some user input from people that are using a bluetooth keyboard on a tablet running honeycomb. I got a toshiba thrive last week and I've tried a wireless mouse/keyboard combo by plugging in the usb adapter for it into my thrives full size usb port. I worked immediately, no drivers or fuss. Well I plugged it in to my hdtv with the hdmi cable and I really like it. My only problem is that I don't have a home key or anything like that. I have no way to exit any programs unless it has a exit or close in the menu. One example is dolphin browser, I can hit exit but I will lose any open pages. I was looking at buying this logitec keyboard w/touch pad. Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad (920-003070): Electronics It looks like it might work, it does have a home button on the top. But I'd prob still have to use a usb dongle plugged into the thrive cause it doesn't seem to be bluetooth. Here is another option but I'd rather have a bigger keyboard. Amazon.com: RII Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Compatible with Apple iPad PC and Mac , Built-in Touchpad Mouse, Backlit Display and Laser Pointer: Electronics Whatever I get I really want a keyboard with a touchpad built in. My goal is to be able to use it with my hdtvs across the room so I don't have to get up and touch the tablet. Let me know what you've used and what you think about it. Thanks

revbradl

Oct 27, 2011
I know this is an old post, but it doesn't appear you ever got your questions answered. I have a Droid Razr Maxx running the latest version of ICS. I am using it with the Logitech Notebook Bluetooth Keyboard (Amazon.com: Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Android 3.0+ (920-003390): Electronics). I also have a Motorola Bluetooth Mouse. I was having trouble figuring out how to hit the "Home" button with the mouse, and finally realized you just can't. The keyboard has a Home, Menu, Back and Search button on it, and they all work as if you pushed the corresponding button on your phone. Hope this helps.

gadgetsage

Oct 28, 2014
I've tried lots of keyboards and like you wanted to have the touch pad attached but the best touchpad I found is the Apple touchpad strangely enough. it does pinch to zoom on maps for example whereas no other touchpad I found does. and having a separate touchpad allows you a much greater choice of Bluetooth keyboards.

gadgetsage

Oct 28, 2014
oh and there's also on Amazon a calculator / 10 key /trackball combination but its wired so you would have to plug that into the USB converter but it is kind of a cool option