Video Conversion for Acer A500

antrobus

Feb 29, 2012
Hi,

I've been wanting to put some films on my a500 for a while now, but i've been unable to find a free program that can convert a film that has been downloaded from iTunes onto the tablet. Is there such a program? And if so, what is it and how do i go about getting the film on the tablet with the best quality possible?

Thanks in advance

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I'm in the middle of ripping my DVD collection for use with my tablet, and I'm using Fair Use Wizard 3D.

I know Handbrake is extremely popular and free, however.
If you do a general Google search for Handbrake, you will find some great tutorials on how to use it.

someone755

Sep 2, 2011
Guys, I thik he wants to convert ON the tablet, not on his PC!
If I'm correct, there are a few converters for Android, but most of them are REALLY slow.
Here's the MARKET search for 'video convert': https://play.google.com/store/search?q=video+convert&c=apps

So, once you realize how slow this is (took me 2hrs to convert a 300MB flv into a mp4), you're gonna want to convert videos on your PC and then transfer them to your tab. :p

someone755

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
D

dvdcatalyst

Hi,

I've been wanting to put some films on my a500 for a while now, but i've been unable to find a free program that can convert a film that has been downloaded from iTunes onto the tablet. Is there such a program? And if so, what is it and how do i go about getting the film on the tablet with the best quality possible?

Thanks in advance

iTunes movies and TV shows, either bought or rented are useless for Android.

Those videos are loaded with DRM (copy-protection) and the only way to "convert" these is to use (pricey) apps that record and play the video file on your computer (sort of like VHS tape dubbing back in the day). There are some that work pretty well for this, such as Audialis Tunebite, however, your results in terms of conversion speed and the quality of your video files will vary.

The easiest way for putting movies on your A500 is to pick up the DVD instead of an iTunes download, and convert the DVD instead.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Just purchased DVD Catalyst, and I'm letting it have at my DVD collection ISOs as I type this. It's going to be a while. :)

So far I'm amazed at how easy and comprehensive it is all at once.

Very cool. :cool:

D

dvdcatalyst

Just purchased DVD Catalyst, and I'm letting it have at my DVD collection ISOs as I type this. It's going to be a while. :)

So far I'm amazed at how easy and comprehensive it is all at once.

Very cool. :cool:

Thank you for your purchase Strider,

Are you converting your ISO's directly, or do you have them mounted using some virtual cd app?

You should be able to just drag a bunch of your ISO's onto DVD Cat without mounting them.