[Video] How I rooted my Pandigital 7" eReader Android Tablet

djman

Jan 13, 2011
I have a Pandigital Novel 7" (white one). I have flashed it with Cruz Tablet firmware everything is fine but it won't work on the battery. I know the battery is fully charged but the status level on the screen says it empty. When plugged in works fine but when unplugged from A/C outlet it says plug in A/C but then shuts off right away. I believe it has to do wiith the root dirctory but I don't know how to fix it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

djman

Jan 13, 2011
Put in the latest firmware, mine is fine

The battery status says full but the BATTERY LEVEL SAYS 0% If thats the problem you had you say install the latest firmware of Cruz Android and that cleared up the problem? Do you have the name of the latest ZIP file and can I flash it from the external sd slot?

dannybautista

Jan 7, 2011
What kind of SD card are you using? I keep getting the android exclaimation... no other zip files on the card, 5 sec power and 10 sec vol+. Any other suggestions?

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
You are suppose to hold them down at the SAME time when the PDN is switched off. The zip file has to be in the root directory of the SD card with no other zip file on there.

lartomar2002

Mar 19, 2011
feverhost, hi. i have a pandigital 7" black novel ( Pandigital R70E200 (PRD07T20WBL1) Multicolor eReader/Tablet (BPDN 7”)
S/N: 7020001110113411
Firmware Version:S64N_SLST_OP15_PD_2011_03_01
Kernel Version:PDUI@ANDROID ) )
as you can see it has already been converted to a android 1.5 tablet. i would like to spoof it to android 1.6. i have tried to follow terminanders instruction on making it 1.6. terminander has tried to help me but, i think i have exhausted him and he has given up on me. i need some one that would be willing to give me a step by step instructions on how do do this. the reason i want to is because i want to find a player that will play avi. icould convert my video files but the quality suffers and sime were already previously converted. i am going into the hospital next tuesday for a total knee replacement and i wanted to be able to watch some of my movies while i was there. or, do you knowof a good video player that would work with BPDN android 1.5 that would play avi. if not i would be will to pay you or someone else to help me do this "spoof". thanks

electroken

Oct 26, 2011
Hello there FeverHost. I had seen you video review and came here to register but did not have your name correct when I registered or I would have given you the credit for getting me here. Thanks so far though. I am wanting to buy one of those Pandigital tablets but cant decide which one is ok to get in order to root it later.

jenjenjasp

Feb 19, 2012
okay, I have a clean sd card - but I can't get my computer to "see" the pandigital as a drive? so that I can make sure there are no other files on it? anyone know how to do that?

confuzled.

jenjenjasp

Feb 19, 2012
woohoo!!! figured it out on my own as far as "seeing" both SD card and Pandigital.

Trying to root right now. It just keeps starting over and over. lol

Aug 13, 2012
good evening...im new here and i need serious help...i have a pandigital novel that keeps telling me your pandigital is booting but nothing happends can anyone please help me....

petenyc24

Sep 6, 2012
Hey guys I'm haven trouble rooting my pd novel 7 (wht) i've tried everything and i cant get it to work and i dont know what else to try..I have the pd novel 7 (wht) model # r7t40wwhf1 and like i said i dont know what else to try. I'm not good at rooting never tried it this is the first time and i really wanted to root this so if anyone has any idea plase reply.....

hopkins21

Nov 1, 2012
Additional details:

I switched to the firmware at this site and am not having the sleep wifi issues mentioned by feverhost:
Alternate White PDN firmware: Stock-based framework with Market

Here is what I did:
1. Ensure there are no zip files on internal and external SD is completely empty
2. Plug SD card into Pandigital
3. Plug Pandigital into Computer
4. Copy the downloaded zip file to the external SD card (when I connect the WPDN to my MAC, it shows both SD cards as mounted storage devices).
5. *SAFELY* remove the storage devices when copy is complete (eject both, whatever is appropriate for your computer operating system).
6. Power off the WPDN
7. Hold VOL+ and power on for 5 seconds, release power on but continue holding VOL+ for another 10 seconds.

Good luck

I just bought the 7" white tablet from walmart and was wondering if this would work for mine... iwas told that i couldnt do this with the Kernel version 2.6.29