Video of Haipad Dis-assembly

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
For the life of me I cannot find the source of this video but I'm sure glad I downloaded it.

This is actually showing a fix for an issue they were having, but it's still a great demonstration of what it takes to get these things apart without breaking them.

I don't need to say that this will void whatever warranty you are clinging to the hope of, but this is the internet so I will anyway. ;)

THIS WILL VOID ANY WARRANTY YOU ARE CLINGING TO THE HOPE OF!
ONLY MODIFY OR OPEN UP STUFF IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Last edited by a moderator:

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I don't know if anyone else here mods their toys, but I wouldn't mind trying to make the microphone usable and maybe try to cram a higher capacity battery in there too if it's possible.

I'm not up to breaking mine open just yet, but this seems like a good place to gather information on the internals and maybe air out some ideas as to how these could be modified to make them better.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
So far aside from a mic fix I don't know how much hardware hacking there is to be done on these things.
One could hack a headset jack into the Haipad and divert the mic lines to that in hopes of picking up better audio that way.

It looks like any kind of larger capacity battery(s) will be much bigger and won't fit, so I've shelved the battery idea for now.