[HARDWARE] Power button on MID X5A broken after 2 months! (fix)

colin f

Nov 8, 2014
WOW...I can't believe how many peeps have the EXACT same problem as myself!! The POWER BUTTON is broken on my CHROMO NORIA android tablet, and there is absolutely no repair shop I can find that will do the relatively simple work to fix it. I really don't get it...so frustrating!! I was just getting to like my tablet...I have a disability so it is good way for me to communicate with family and friends. Can't afford to buy another one...I think I'm stuck...sigh.

colin f

Nov 8, 2014
Well, I figured out a temporary solution to my NORIA CHROME 7inch tablet broken power button. After phoning like 50 shops to try and get it fixed, I gave up on that. I removed the back of the tablet with a flat ended screw driver (relatively easily, since when I dropped it, it popped off anyways). I noticed the VOLUME buttons for the tablet looked approximately the same as the POWER/ON button. The volume control buttons are not needed as the volume control can be done through the screen (have no idea why you can't control power through the screen also would sure make everything A LOT easier). I removed one of the volume control buttons...and tried to place it where the missing and broken power button use to be....this part is tricky...I used MACTAC to hold it in place...lol. Believe it or not it actually works (for now)!! NO WHERE ON EBAY OR AMAZON OR MANUFACTURER OR REPAIR SHOPS will sell you these stupid little buttons. It's a temporary solution, but pretty proud of myself that I got it to work! I am consistently leaving the tablet plugged in. For now I will probably just use it as gadget to use while I in bed. Maybe at some future date, I'll get the button soddered or something. Good Luck to everyone who has this problem, you shouldn't have to replace these expensive gadgets just because the power button is sooo poorly desinged.