Videos Won't Play

jaunty

Feb 23, 2011
I hope someone can help me with this. :confused:

I bought a movie from Media Hub, but it won't download. It keeps saying:

Problem while downloading, retrying.

Then, it says:

Error downloading item, please try again.

I am connected to WiFi during these errors, so that's not the problem.

Also, I have tried to move movies from iTunes and my DVDs to the Tab, but it won't play them. I've tried putting them in the root menu, the SD card, and the video file. I've also tried using Handbrake and AVS with no luck. No matter how I get the movies to the Tab, it gives me the following message:

Cannot play video
Sorry, this video cannot be played

Can anyone help me out with this frustrating problem? Thank you!

keepnitreel

Feb 20, 2011
I don't have a tab but on my OG Droid if the video is over 2gigs it will give me that same message.

Sent from my D1! But would rather send from a Xoom using Tapatalk!!!

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
If there's a break I wifi connectivity the download will cancel. . Not sure if that's what's happening but that was happened to me before. I use rock player light to play videos with formats the os doesn't support too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

djjinx1

Dec 3, 2010
Happened to me a few times using samsungmovies , just keep trying it will work. Try not letting the tab sleep ie keep in use ;)

crytpo

Feb 26, 2011
Ok I had the same problem and was able to talk to Lvl 3 support (after waiting on hold for over an hour :( to walk me through correcting it. My initial problem was I purchased (for ownership) Braveheart from Media Hub and tried downloading it. I kept getting the message "Problem downloading, retrying". This would show 3 times then the error "Unable to download. Try again later.". I was able to purchase and download a different movie (Scarface) with no problem while having the issue with Braveheart. Here was the fix:
- First, you MUST remember your login and password for your Media Hub account because this will erase any of that info.
- Go into Applications-Settings--Applications-Manage Applications. Select the ALL tab at the top. Scroll down to Media hub and select it. Under the Storage block you will see the button "Clear data". When you press this and select the disclaimer, any movies previously downloaded will be removed, but as long as you have your correct login and password, you will be able to log into your account and re-download the movies. Select "Clear Data" and acknowledge disclaimer. Then go back into media hub (acknowledge the disclaimer again) and log into your account using the correct login and password. Then go back into "My Media" and re-download your movies. This will allow the "stuck" movie to be enabled for download again. Hopefully this works for you.

Sorry can't help with the movies that you can't move to the Tab. Good luck!

Mich1248

Feb 14, 2011
I recently downloaded 300 from media hub.the movie downloaded fine,but when I go back to play it it nevef shows up under my videos or real player...i can only watch it threw media hub..

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I recently downloaded 300 from media hub.the movie downloaded fine,but when I go back to play it it nevef shows up under my videos or real player...i can only watch it threw media hub..

Isn't that how MediaHub movies work since they have DRM?

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
Hate that buyers still need to go thru all these craps for paid movies... Expereince needs be more easy and smooth here given that the Mediahun is by samsung and the tab is samsung. This is no excuse. I am nowlooking forward to seeing Android market will move quicker to bring out the movie, ebooks and tunes markets.

Perk322

Dec 19, 2013
:mad:

I just had the same issue. Dec 19, 2013. I tried to buy a tv show episode from vudu and then amazon and the message I got was: This device won't play our movies. You can use PC, iPad, iPhone......

Soooo I just changed to android and i can't watch movies???? sux

Last edited:

Perk322

Dec 19, 2013
I just had the same issue. Dec 19, 2013. I tried to buy a tv show episode and the message I got was: This device won't play our movies. You can use PC, iPad, iPhone......

Soooo I just changed to android and i can't watch movies???? sux