viewing avi files from a NAS drive

oozle1884

Dec 26, 2011
Hi all
just got Asus Transformer from father christmas and the only problem i`m having is that can,t play any avi files from my nas drive ,the asus My Net app sees them but fails to play them and all the video players ive downloaded only play files from local files not network places!!!
anyone any ideas?
thanks in advance

oozle

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Astro Player can play Video on SANs and NAS drives. I have done it with my Archos 101. I use my Transformer away from my SAN and thus never bother. I copy to my MicroSD. There are likely other players, but most are designed for direct stores, not remote. I have also used my PogoPlug to mount and copy to my TF101 when away from home, but that is not what you want. What you are really wanting is full DLNA capability.

Bixxer

Dec 27, 2011
I'm using PnPlay to view video from my network server. It's a bit clunky but it works.

Sent from my MZ601 using Android Tablet Forum

oozle1884

Dec 26, 2011
The `my net` app sees the files fine it just wont play them on the transformer( it comes up with the error message ` failed to load`, it will route them to any other deviceon the network just fine......bizzar!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

MrWareWolf

Mar 1, 2012
Install es-file-explorer (android market)..
Install mirage beta (appbrain.com)
Setup SMB shares on your NAS..
Browse the shares on LAN tab of your es-file-explorer..
Tap an avi file to play, it will usually ask me what app to play in, choose mirage..

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
transformer only supports limited avi files playback, in your situation, you may think about converting them