Viewsonic Tablet - Blocking USB and Mini HDMI Port

Luis Velasco

Sep 19, 2014
Hi Everyone - I am asking for support to have blocked all USB and miniHDMI ports in a Viewsonic table.
Could anybody can let me know how to do that? Do you need tablet size, model and serial number?

Thank you, Luis

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm curious to know why you want to block them. Unless you are rooted I don't think it;s possible.

Luis Velasco

Sep 19, 2014
Welcome to the forum

I'm curious to know why you want to block them. Unless you are rooted I don't think it;s possible.
Yes, you are right about what is the reason to block them, OK let me tell you a little bit, we are implementing along production lines (in a Factory) those type of tablets to publish 'work instructions' at every single operator station and we are consider to use those type of tablets. otherwise, if we let USB accessible, all operator will connect USB devices such a mobile phones, Ipods, etc.

Let me know if that could be possible by mean of download a program to do so.

Thank you again / Luis

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The 2 items you mentioned, aren't all that easy to do much with on most Android tablets. There are tablets that don't have USB ports and some whose USB ports wouldn't work with either of the mentioned devices. The typical Android tablet USB port doesn't work like the ones on a regular computers.

Luis Velasco

Sep 19, 2014
In such a case you are suggesting me to let ports as they are and we will no have any major implication? even considering they could charge cell phones with no fault in tablet performance