Visual Land Connect VS. DOPO Double Power MD-740

keyannasmama

May 4, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and know NOTHING about android tablets. I would like to buy one for my daughter for her birthday and need some help. She will really only be using the tablet for Music, videos, webcam, and MOSTLY games. I'm looking at these to tablets sold at Walmart, both are $130 ..does one look better than the other? Which would you choose? or are there any major differences?

Walmart.com: Visual Land Connect Android 4.0 Internet Tablet 7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen 8GB Memory: Computers

OR

Walmart.com: Double Power MD-740 7" 1.2GHz 4GB Capacitive Touchscreen Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS: Computers

Thanks!

Rusty22

May 6, 2012
hi, I just joined the site here tday to see if I could get some input from members concerning the Visual Land Connect tablet
I just received Friday from Walmart. Saw your post. The Dbl Pwr MD-740 is falsely advertised as having a 4G ssd for rom storage.
at the Walmart site.
Several reviewers there hav said its only about 2G. That stinks for a $130 tablet imo. Least the VLC has 8Gb on-board.
Both seem to have issues with loading and playing video from Netflix... this could be a Netflix issue with the ISC 4.0 Android OS.
My Visual LC will load and play flawlessly on Netflix but then aftr 5-10 mins. will freeze everytime so far; I then have to exit the Netflix App.
My VLC unit will play video great off of Crackle. I think (so far) the VLC does most of what the big boys that cost 2xs the price of the VLC.
Hulu reports that it doesn't support my VLC's platform. I assume they'r referring to Android ICS 4.0. I've never uses Android 2.3 Gingerbread but
from what I've read I think the VLC would perform better with Gingerbread 2.3. I think 4.0 ICS slows it down a good bit. ICS would do well to have a X2 chip rathr than a X1.

I am having an issue with the auto-reply feature w/ my yahoo email. Seems I can only compose a limited no. of characters in replying. Aftr
a certain no of characters the program will just erase immediately anything I type. Cant figure it out yet. When I compose an email from scratch its okay; I can write as much as I want normally. If you have any suggestions on this feel free to let me know. Baffled.
For the most part for the $130 I paid I'm pretty happy so far.. It blows away the Colby Kyros MID-7015 I purchasd about a yr ago for about
$12 less.
Hope some of this helped ya in making your decision. I hv no experience with the Dbl Pwr MD 740 but from what I've read on one vs the other and my recent short-lived experience with the VLC, well; I'd go with it (vlc) for that price point.

For the same price point you might wanna chk the Iview 760tpc here at Newegg. I almost bought it instead of the VLC.

Newegg.com - Iview 760TPC Android Tablet ARM Cortex-A8 1.00GHz 7" TFT Capacitive Touch Screen 512MB Memory 8GB FlashNewegg.com - Iview 760TPC Android Tablet ARM Cortex-A8 1.00GHz 7" TFT Capacitive Touch Screen 512MB Memory 8GB Flash

Let me know which one yo decide on.. Rusty