Vtab Still Going!

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
My wife was headed out to Colorado with Red Cross for two weeks and I suggested she take my Samsung Tab2 10.1 so she could check her email with out having to go to the hotel computers. She said no, as I use it alot so I charged up the Vtab, cleaned off some apps that she would not use and off she went.
She had a minor issue connecting with the hotel wifi but solved it herself! It may be slow for apps but works just fine for email and I suspect its hers now.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
When my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ran out of battery while I was reading a book, one night, I put it on the charger and grabbed my VTAB1008. When I'd last been using it, it had gotten real slow. So I wiped it, installed only Moon+ reader and Dropbox, and was able to pick up right where I left off :)

The VTAB is actually better than the Tab 2, as an e-book reader, because of its form factor.

Too bad Vizio stiffed anxious customers, twice, on promised 10" tablets. I know they've lost me.

Jim

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I saw a commercial for Vizio a couple weeks ago and although it's main focus was on affordable HD TV'S they showed a number of products and one was a 10" range tablet. Now it was quick and I only saw the commercial once but it certainly appeared to be running Android and not Windows.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
They also show it, or they were, on their web site. Last I knew, tho, there was no product or any product launch announcement.

They did the same thing last year: Showed a tablet at CES, then never produced it.

I tired of waiting for something that might never come and bought another Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Put CyanogenMod on it. Now I'm happy.

And out of the market for a tablet. At least for a while.

Jim

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
Vizio lost me as a customer also, and not just for tablets. Gave up on any upgrading of the VTAB and bought a Nook HD+ and put CM 10.2 (Android 4.3) on it and haven't looked back.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
FWIW: Out of idle curiousity I just checked Vizio's Facebook page. Scrolled down maybe a half dozen of so pages. No mention of any Android tablet. All I saw was MS-Win stuff.

Glad I didn't wait any longer.

Jim