Help .... which tablet

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Please explain what you don't understand. I will try to write directions that will be easier to read.

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Please explain what you don't understand. I will try to write directions that will be easier to read.

Ok... I logged into the link you sent me.

I wiped out an SD card.
I linked up a Gmail and You Tube acct.
Downloaded the Auto Nooter to my PC

I got stuck after this. I tried to follow the next step, but it opened up a quite a few different steps. I don't know how to write it the program to the SD card....

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I just had to let everyone know, I got my Nook Color Rooted!! and it actually works!! I found a video on You Tube, and it walked me through the process. It was really simple!!
Anyway, thank you all so much for your help!!!!

SUPERMOM50

Dec 7, 2010
Hi!
I'd like help finding the right tablet too, been driving myself nuts looking just at spec's. I had a nookcolor and enjoyed it but needed a larger screen (eyes arent great) so took the nookcolor back... I want to use a tablet for reading besides all the fun net stuff, I want flash and speed for games, and I really want a capacitive screen. I am waiting for the toshiba tablet cause it sounds perfect with what it has,.. but not sure what the price is going to be,.. I'd like to spend about $300 tops on one with wifi. It's all about the speed and picture for me I guess. 3g you have to pay for in one right? I know barnes and noble and kindle have readers out with this free can you get it free for tablet??
nvidia tegra 2 dual core sounds awesome, should I really wait? or can I jump now and get an awesome tablet now? How has android been changing since it's been out?? I know honeycomb is out does this mean all the earlier version androids are already outdated and not upgradable to be clearanced out? I would appreciate any help!! Thanks ahead of time!!

SUPERMOM50

Dec 7, 2010
@rhonda19: great work! wish I could do the smaller screen, I tried a nookcolor and loved the thing,.. but know I want more in a tablet, so opted to take it back so I can also do pc stuff on it too. I thought about seeing how the tablet worked rooted- what do you think as a newbie on it?? I'm not sure I really want android or not. I do know there's alot more of awesome software for free, I think that's what draws the masses.

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
@rhonda19: great work! wish I could do the smaller screen, I tried a nookcolor and loved the thing,.. but know I want more in a tablet, so opted to take it back so I can also do pc stuff on it too. I thought about seeing how the tablet worked rooted- what do you think as a newbie on it?? I'm not sure I really want android or not. I do know there's alot more of awesome software for free, I think that's what draws the masses.

I read your earlier post and you sound just like me!! I was wanting to get my daughter a tablet, that you could play games on, watch movies, along with the other things... one person in a earlier post on this same thread, told me about a tablet that did do those type things. Check it out... I believe its around $230? Not sure about that. They may have one with a larger screen, for a bit more.

I decided to root my NC because my daughter decided she really didn't want a tablet...but after reading about the rooted NC... well, I just had to try it!! and I LOVE IT!!!

SUPERMOM50

Dec 7, 2010
HI Rhonda! thanks for the input- and I'll check that out right away! I've been looking since the holidays and am sick of looking, but want to make the best decision without a loss. lol Glad you love the rooted nookcolor,.. I most probably will get a used nookcolor and root it down the line to see for myself, I'm loving the 'tablet wars' this year though,.. it's amazing to see how it all unfolds! But I really want to make only one purchase but be able to do all I want too! You know what I really liked about the nookcolor for kids?? They can't get in trouble on the thing and I don't think you can get a virus either! lol but what do I know?? I could search forever asking a million questions,.. so go by what the experts tell! Did your daughter root hers yet?? Think she will?? keep in touch! It's nice to have someone reply on here and I don't feel like the only newbie on here! lol

SUPERMOM50

Dec 7, 2010
the genuine flytouch 3 I heard isn't out yet, just the enhanced ft2? I looked all over, the ft3 is suppose to have 2 tft card slots, 2 usb,...? The ones shown only have one tft and 2 usb. ? appreciate the help though! I think the toshiba is going to be out of reach for me.

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
the genuine flytouch 3 I heard isn't out yet, just the enhanced ft2? I looked all over, the ft3 is suppose to have 2 tft card slots, 2 usb,...? The ones shown only have one tft and 2 usb. ? appreciate the help though! I think the toshiba is going to be out of reach for me.

" Supermom " .... have you decided on a tablet yet?? I've decided I am to chicken to do the root Froyo.. I will decide, YES, I'm going to try to root it my NC....then chicken out!! (LOL) I've rooted to the Android market, and that's as far as I can go... (LOL)

I am wanting to buy myself a tablet, but geez...there are so many. The one guy that told me about a tablet, I have read some bad reviews so.....

Anyway, let me know which one you get!