Does this qualify as Irony?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
A friend had bought a Surface, 32gig with touch cover, in early December. Hadn't seen her in a few weeks but got together recently and I asked her about her experience with the Surface. She was very unhappy with the device, saying she wanted a tablet and the Surface was more like her laptop, not what she had hoped. She was thinking of getting an iPad. An opportunity presented itself to introduce her to the world of Android and I let her play with my Note 10.1 for a while. She fell in love with it. A long story short, she called me this morning and told me she had bought a 32gig Note 10.1 and can't put it down. After some talk about apps and the S Pen she mentioned she wanted to get rid of the Surface but didn't want the hassle of selling it, and offered it to me for half what she paid for it (she knows my insatiable gadget lust) so I ended up with a basically brand new Surface with touch cover for $300. I'm going to play with this thing for a while and see how it compares to my beloved Note 10.1. I guess true Irony would be if I turned into a Windows RT convert, but after just a few hours I can say that isn't likely to happen.....not to say the Surface isn't one heck of a cool device.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Very cool!

Be sure to check out SurfaceForums.net to get the most out if your new toy.

You will see some familiar faces there.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I guess I missed the part where you recommended she join ATF.:rolleyes: That should complete her transition from the dark side.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I don't know as that qualifies as "irony," per se, but it's definitely an amusing story :)

Jim

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I guess I missed the part where you recommended she join ATF.:rolleyes: That should complete her transition from the dark side.

Worry not, my loyalty to ATF is beyond question, and I demonstrated Tapatalk HD with this very forum, and even got a plug in for the dedicated forum app ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Lol, yep these guys got me covered in their responses. I must say that the Surface is quite a tablet, particularly if you are already a Windows user. In many ways it is a laptop in tablet form but the good thing is it is also tablet. That means outstanding battery life, a usable touch screen and highly portable.

I must admit I treated it like a laptop initially because it can be that if you want it to and lends itself to "traditional" Windows use. After realizing that I was only using the keyboard and track pad for the most part I made an effort to use it as a tablet and it has been great in that way too. I definitely miss the Google ecosystem though and the MS app store is very basic. Having Office and the desktop to do "computer" things is awesome though.

JP