Warning about alibaba.com and digital deal - BEWARE

genoz

Dec 9, 2010
I have been lurking here for a while and I wanted to warn everyone about dealing with alibaba and particularly the seller "digital deals". I purchased a zt-180 from them a few months ago. 2 months after I puchased it the internal charging port broke off of the board. I contacted the seller and he told me to send it back for a refund. I really didn't feel comfortable with this arrangement but didn't have many alternative choices plus he told me to "trust him". I sent the tablet back to China and waited for the refund. Guess what - no refund. I contacted digital deals several times and have not gotten a response. I contacted alibaba, which is apparently similar to a chinese ebay, and they said that they can not do anything because it is out of thier 45 day "return window". I have also contacted paypal and they can't do anything either. I am now out the original amount that I paid ($216) PLUS $40 to ship the thing back to China!! BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
genoz: That really sucks, and I feel for you. Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else!

derek77

Dec 14, 2010
my business is in uk and to be honest, I better trust eu marketplaces, for me momoway business searcher is ok

bundalov

Dec 14, 2010
I bought 5 USB sticks 128GB on alibaba and guess what? Neither of them are working haha
So you are not alone, I think they are full of bad items...