Watching Hulu on G Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have managed to get Hulu working on my G Tab, and wanted to share the process with y'all. As per usual, thanks goes in part to the xda-developers.com gang for the hacked Flash.

I have tested this and confirmed that it works on the following setup:

ROM: VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1

Here you go!

1. Download and install Skyfire 3.0 from the Market (getting reports that Dolphin HD Browser works better)
2. Download and install AdFree Android from the Market
3. Download and install THIS version of Flash: Adobe Flash Fixed for G Tab
4. Open Skyfire and change the following settings
4a. Go to Settings->Browser Settings
4b. Set Load Pages As: to Desktop
4c. Set Enable plug-ins to: Always on
5. Open AdFree, allow it to create the Hosts file.
6. Click on "Revert"
7. Reboot tablet

You should be good! I have tested this with the Today Show, the Simpsons and SNL.

Cheers,
p

Last edited:

CoMtnMan

Dec 13, 2010
Do you have to uninstall the flash version on the tab first? It won't let me install the fixed version, I keep getting an application not installed error.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Correct. Go to Settings->Applications and uninstall it from there.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Cool to know there is more then one way to get Hulu working

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

CoMtnMan

Dec 13, 2010
Ok, found another way to do it...follow this link [HOW-TO] [Flash] [HULU] How to make Hulu (and others) work on the Samsung Galaxy Tab - Page 2 - xda-developers and look for the post by agentdr8 about half way down. Download his fixed libflashplayer.so.zip file. Unzip it and move the unzipped libflashplayer.so file to your SD card. Using Root explorer copy the file and go to the data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib file and paste over the existing file. Now make sure your settings in your browser are set for desktop version blah, blah. I successfully got it working in the hulu apk from Adam B. (XDA) and Dolphin HD. Good Luck.

agsillin

Jan 14, 2011
installed skyfire and the ad blocker, setting correct, but I couldn't get this to work - any ideas?

PaTwRiK

Jan 31, 2011
Got this working with dolphin HD and the fixed flash file. Thanks!

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Tapatalk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i have edited the instructions to mention that Dolphin HD may work for people having issues

PaTwRiK

Jan 31, 2011
OP, do you have any issues with lag, video freezing, and random reboots?

I am running into these problems with my gtab....

It will initally load the video, play for awhile, then BAM, all hell breaks loose. Video starts freezing then reboot...

**Update**
Not sure if its just my GTab, but with dolphin HD, Hulu works fine for a couple of mins, then video freezes and reboot.

With Skyfire, able to watch different videos with no problem...

Last edited:

jubigret

Jan 8, 2011
I really want to get this to work, I'm having a problem deleting flash. system is telling me it is a read only file. i remember reading about changing the file but can't find it in search, if anyone could point me in the right direction?? Also, saw someone was watching Netflix - how???

Status
Not open for further replies.