Waterproof. Case

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Having spent the last weekend installing a whirlpool spa bath, can someone recommend a waterproof S7 case :)

Pete, on the move...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i know I am going to get flamed for this....but actually...a ziplock bag works a treat on it. You can pull it tight, and it works amazingly well for about 10 cents.....

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
that actually is great, its most economical and makes sense so I never would have thought of that - but that's why you are the super moderator.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
well, just so's we are all clear...I wouldn't recommend this for swimming or anything underwater like that...but certainly if you wanted to use the tablet in the tub, or at the beach. I have done this poolside with the kids splashing (I have 6) and it has protected it just fine while in the hot tub or relaxing...

santacruzjc

Feb 14, 2011
Greetings All,
I just joined the forum and been looking around for a few days before making the decision of buying the S7.
anyways I bought it because I'm a kayak fisherman and I used to use my EVO for navigational charts and GPS, and I'm planning on using the BIGGER screen on the S7 to better see my maps while on the drink.
so I was looking around town for a dry bag and I went to a scuba shop and looked at their catalog and they came up with a pack of 3 bags rated for 200' for only $15 US, I just order them thru the scuba shop yesterday and hopefully I'll get them in before my next outing.
anyways they ordered thru a shop in CA called Innovative Scuba Concepts and you can find them here, I don't know if they sell direct but it would be worth to email them.
this is their website Innovative Scuba Concepts : Worldwide Distributor of Fine Diving Accessories... just go to the product index and look under dry bags.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the bags are transparent so you can actually see the screen and use the camera while in the water.

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Heh, I was being slightly sarcastic, however perhaps I will give it a try.

Tell me how do you find the S7 in bright daylight, my experience with a palm tungsten is that the screen is very hard to see, and you need it so bright the battery drains rapidly

Pete, on the move...

Music

Feb 5, 2011
The heavy-duty Zip-lok bags ought to work, but no matter how well they seal, moisture seems to get in, so I'd definitely recommend that you take the device out as soon as you are away from the hot tub or sauna, to let the device and bag dry thoroughly. BTDT (speaking from experience with rainy days while backpacking.)

deanw

May 15, 2011
The heavy-duty Zip-lok bags ought to work, but no matter how well they seal, moisture seems to get in, so I'd definitely recommend that you take the device out as soon as you are away from the hot tub or sauna, to let the device and bag dry thoroughly. BTDT (speaking from experience with rainy days while backpacking.)
Probably you're seeing moisture in the air that was inside the device.

Get some Silica dessicant packets, like you find with some electronics, etc. and throw one in the bag before sealing it.