We have Netflix

spdsl

Mar 22, 2011
According to Netflix this only works with Android 2.2 or higher (can anybody confirm it works on 2.1?).

Since you ar autonootered that means you are only 2.1. Time to upgrade to CM7 ;)

JP

So "The Market" knows i am running 2.1 and it hides the netflix app from me?

spdsl

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks all! I came across a post at XDA that explained how the market registers your android devices and it cleared things up along with your information.

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
The nexus s/samsung changes worked perfectly on CM7 stable release 7.0.3. No issues at all with the Market.

Now amazon needs to get going on android-enabled video rentals and android-optimized streaming.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
:cool:
A couple questions. Is this something I can do with my Autonootered 2.1 NCs? Is this something that a novice shouldn't mess with?

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum

Jonesgirl,it seems very difficult if you read the instructions but very easy to see step by step how it' s done.Go to you tube: - how to get Netflix to work on the Nook Color- by Huskermania. Very easy. I just saw the link on RaVenj post over at - nook - Netflix ,now available on selected android phones. Thank you again RaVenj for the find...some of us like it easy!
Gloria

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I don't think anything on the NC gets easier than this.

will post again in case some missed it:
Pretty simple if anyone's needing some help:

-Root Explorer -> system -> Click "Mount R/W"
-Long press build.prop -> Copy -> Paste (for backup purposes)
-Long press build.prop -> Open in Text Editor
-Change the above two bolded lines

ro.product.model=Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

-Save
-Reboot
-Open Netflix and enjoy!

proplayer44

May 15, 2011
I want to edit my file but I can't install root explorer because I get that common error when attempting to buy from the market. Free apps work fine. I have my credit card in Google checkout. I cleared the market cache, history and uninstalled updates but continue to get the error. Any ideas? I just got the nook this week so I'm new to it.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Proplayer, I saw people using Es File Explore,same way they use Root explorer but this app is free so it should work for you.

@Rico- I agree with you, the instructions are easy but to actually see somebody doing it= easier!!!
You like it easy, I like it easier and may be a couple of others like me.
:cool:gloria

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Proplayer, I saw people using Es File Explore,same way they use Root explorer but this app is free so it should work for you.

@Rico- I agree with you, the instructions are easy but to actually see somebody doing it= easier!!!
You like it easy, I like it easier and may be a couple of others like me.
:cool:gloria

The easier the better right Gg? Wait what are we talking about again? ;)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
:D
The easier the better right Gg? Wait what are we talking about again? ;)

Mmmm...easy....better....it sounds like sex but it's Netflix talk!
Gg

@Rico- I know how to just think of something and make it happen, it' s one of my gifts. As you can see my nook is still unrooted, I'm just working on moving the manual nooter file on a card with the power of my mind since I don't have a pc at hand ....it takes a moment though! I can also move objecrs from a distance.....ooops,I'm sorry....I didn't mean to heat you with the mouse on your head!
Gloria;)

Last edited: