We should start a LendMe thread!

illdill

Jan 8, 2011
If you would like to participate in the LendMe feature by B&N put "NC LendMe Participant" In your signature or comment in this thread.

"In short: LendMe is a book sharing system Barnes & Noble setup so you can share ebooks with friends and family using a NOOK or NOOKcolor." rico2001

If you would like to read more about it visit bn.com > My Account > My B&N

Thanks

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Sounds like a good idea illdill, I'm interested. Not quite sure of the extent of the "LeadMe" policy.

illdill

Jan 8, 2011
Well, if you have Nook Color, you go to bn.com then go to "My Account" click on "My B&N" Then you invite people to your friend list via e-mail. Once your friends with people on nook color, you can browse their library, and they can browse yours. With Lend me you can request to borrow or lend someone a book for 14 days. If anyone is interested pm me and we can exchange e-mails. You can read more on bn.com

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
In short: LendMe is a book sharing system Barnes & Noble setup so you can share ebooks with friends and family using a NOOK or NOOKcolor.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@illdill

PM sent.

Suggestion: I'm thinking we could suggest users place "NC LendMe Participant" in their signature so others can know who on AndroidTablets.net may want to borrow books. And possible place this suggestion in your OP.

illdill

Jan 8, 2011
@illdill

PM sent.

Suggestion: I'm thinking we could suggest users place "NC LendMe Participant" in their signature so others can know who on AndroidTablets.net may want to borrow books. And possible place this suggestion in your OP.

updated my OP

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I don't have a Nook but this is a great idea for every one that has one. Hopefully more others think so too

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
illdill, I think we need more info or help links here on LendME. I not really seeing the link between my b&n and LendMe.

illdill

Jan 8, 2011
Here is some more general information on LendMe, it turns out it is very limited...

How to loan ebooks on the nook with LendMe service | ZDNet

Otherwise, you have to send an invitation to another NC users e-mail via "My B&N" at bn.com. When the other person accepts the invite, they will be added to your contacts list. Go to your library on the NC, then go to the LendMe application click the bar that says borrow books from friends with the LendMe app.

You also have to enable the books you will allow others to see.

rico2001, I sent an invite to the e-mail you provided

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Here is some more general information on LendMe, it turns out it is very limited...

How to loan ebooks on the nook with LendMe service | ZDNet

Otherwise, you have to send an invitation to another NC users e-mail via "My B&N" at bn.com. When the other person accepts the invite, they will be added to your contacts list. Go to your library on the NC, then go to the LendMe application click the bar that says borrow books from friends with the LendMe app.

You also have to enable the books you will allow others to see.

rico2001, I sent an invite to the e-mail you provided

Thanks for the link, good article and explanation. Yes I received the email but I don't see any links on it to accept the invite. The one time per book limitation is a real bummer. I don't understand why B&N would go to the trouble creating a system that has such a limitation.