Welcome to the new Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

Aug 29, 2010
I want one,I have no misgiving about getting one, I have the captivate, and I'm loving it. A 7' tablet will suite me just fine.I wont look so protenious on the train. My brother has the ipad,too bulky. I guess they are taking a page from apple===first the phone then the tablet, get them hooked...BROVO. Where do I preorder from??.

What do you mean phone
Tablet I can understand but what do you mean by phone
Galaxy S is way better than that crappy old phone
And by phone dont be talking about the "FaceTime" videocalling
Koreans have had that years before Apple could have even thought of it.
All korean phones have that and now even homephones do
If you're not talking about that than what are you :D

STi

Sep 2, 2010
Can't wait for this badboy...I currently have an iPad and samsung vibrant android phone....android is much better but the main thing I'm waiting for is the super amoled screen! I love it on my vibrant...crushes the iPad screen all day ass far is deep rich colors...it's like comparing an LCD to plasma!!!

Cyborgz

Sep 4, 2010
When is it actually released? There's so much hype around up an coming Android Tablets but manufacturers don't disclose a release date. By the time most of the tablets which are due for release in October are out your going to have loads more coming out round the corner, I don't understand the delays?

bne

Sep 14, 2010
I am very interested in this tablet .. I already have a samsung galaxy s and this just looks awesome .. still waiting to hear a release date for Australia :(

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
When is it actually released? There's so much hype around up an coming Android Tablets but manufacturers don't disclose a release date. By the time most of the tablets which are due for release in October are out your going to have loads more coming out round the corner, I don't understand the delays?

I'm guessing as we get closer the Xmas, all these companies will slowly roll out there nifty tablets and other devices to try and become the hot product for the holiday season. I think price will play a big part in the Samsung's tablet. I've heard anywhere from $400-$900. It looks real nice and sleek, and has pretty good specs but i don't know if i'd be willing to pay more than $300, maybe $350 for this kind of thing. Plus what's this "with contract" thing i keep hearing about?! I know Motorola is coming out with tablet too, and they will have a contract with Verizon and it's Fios service.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/9b5704d8-9f32-11df-8732-00144feabdc0.html

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/08/03/motorola-10-inch-android-tablet-could-rock-verizon-fios/

Last edited:

Beerkan

Oct 28, 2010
Hoping to pick up the WiFi only version. (if it actually materialises)

I'd be too afraid to use a proper 3G version as my main phone, because I'd so easily lose it when out at nite on the tiles.

agfasfos

Nov 4, 2010
I live in Ireland & have just received the Samsung Galaxy Tab on the Vodafone network. Just test running but very impressed so far. 7" screen is a real winner & a real plus, less obvious than iPad & still more than adequate. Only exploring at the moment but glad I went for Tab instead of iPad, as I said 7' screen superb. Will get back with further updates as I progress. Hello to all.

charles

Aug 18, 2010
I went to T-mobile store today to check out this new product. Overall it is a good product. screen is fine. very responsive, brightness is ok. I was surprised to see a gps option but it never was able to find the location so I can't vouch for how it works. Since everyone has their own ideas as to what apps should be on the device what comes on it out of the box is meaningless as the beauty of the Android OS is that everyone can customize it to their own standards by getting apps from where ever they want. The one serious drawback is the price. No matter how we may feel about it, the Ipad has set the standard and it is a high one. The 10 inch Ipad 3g is only $30 more then the 7 inch Samsung product. Yes I know that Samsung has flash, expansion slots, etc, but I just can't see how a 7 inch unit can justify a price that is the same as a 10 inch of the same quality. In my opinion, the any 7 inch unit should be no more the 60-80% of of a 10 inch of the same quality. This means that The Samsung should be no more then $500 and probably much closer to $400 to be competitive. Personally I'm going to wait for the 10 inch Androids to show up. (Archos 101 and the Notion Ink) both of which are rumored to be in the $300-$450 range.

Oct 2, 2010
@charles,

Why would you expect a tablet to be cheaper because it's smaller in size? That's like expecting a Porsche to be 60 to 80% cheaper than an SUV.

In the case of both the Galaxy tab and the Porsche, you're paying for features and quality.

agfasfos

Nov 4, 2010
I think the fact that the Galaxy has a 7"screen is actually an advantage as it makes the device far more portable & easy to handle than the iPad.

Miami1683

Dec 23, 2009
I think the fact that the Galaxy has a 7"screen is actually an advantage as it makes the device far more portable & easy to handle than the iPad.

I agree..... I have the IPad and the Gtab and the Gtab is portable to me "easier" Now I need a killer case for it

agfasfos

Nov 4, 2010
Yes, a case is essential as the screen has no protection whatsoever. I picked up a snap flipover cover on e-bay for a tenner & carrying the Tab around is just like holding a diary.