What do you mostly use your nc for....

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
At home: surfing web, checking email (when i am to lazy to get my laptop)
Travel: reading books/comics

I haven't touched my desktop in nearly a month, and I only use the laptop when I need to convert a book using Calibre or resize a movie using Freemake (and an occasional Torrent search).. My NC has me seriously rethinking the fact that we even have an office/desk in our house..

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I find that I grab my rooted NC to check email, weather, surf the web, and read FB when I'm watching TV. I have also watched movies on it. I have a Kindle 3, so my NC will not be used much as an e-reader. I do play Angry Birds on it. :)

Now that my NC is on 2.2 (froyo) it does pretty much what my phone does (EVO 4G) --the plus is the larger screen size, but my phone is more likely to be with me when I am out and about. I don't anticipate carrying my NC away from home day-to-day.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I find that I grab my rooted NC to check email, weather, surf the web, and read FB when I'm watching TV. I have also watched movies on it. I have a Kindle 3, so my NC will not be used much as an e-reader. I do play Angry Birds on it. :)

Now that my NC is on 2.2 (froyo) it does pretty much what my phone does (EVO 4G) --the plus is the larger screen size, but my phone is more likely to be with me when I am out and about. I don't anticipate carrying my NC away from home day-to-day.

I kind of thought the same way at first, but after rooting it, I don't leave home without it. It sits beside me on my desk all day at work with Doubletwist (internet radio) playing through my computer speakers. It entertains me while waiting for my daughter at dance class. It checks my various email accounts and Facebook first thing in the morning (you know that 10 minutes between alarm and snooze? yeah, first thing.. Did I mention that I also use it for my alarm clock most of the time?)

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I really like the idea of the NC replacing my alarm clock (and the first look at FB and email), thanks!

I primarily work from home, so taking it to the office is sort of a non-factor--and I place a high priority on travelling light, so my EVO is still likely to be my go-to for routine running around. My NC is likely to be on a plane with me, though, as the larger screen is great for movies.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I really like the idea of the NC replacing my alarm clock (and the first look at FB and email), thanks!

I primarily work from home, so taking it to the office is sort of a non-factor--and I place a high priority on travelling light, so my EVO is still likely to be my go-to for routine running around. My NC is likely to be on a plane with me, though, as the larger screen is great for movies.

Here is the app I use:

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.ihandysoft.alarmclock&feature=search_result

Be careful that you don't go to sleep with the audio muted.. That one got me once hehehe It makes for a decent night light as well. You can adjust the brightness by sliding up and down the edge. Don't panic when it goes completely black. Just slide your finger up and it comes back. Great little app.