What do you use your Coby for?

Apr 28, 2011
girlperson1, If u want the actual market, you will need to root your tablet. It may not be possible with the 7024 yet (i have not checked, i mainly focus on the 7015 forum). If it is available, follow the directions and it should successfully work. An alternate way to get apps from the market is google the name of the app with '.apk' after it and it should pull in some results. Just find one that works and enjoy.

rsnoonan

May 12, 2011
You do not need to root
Read through threads on market. I have installed market without root. Also have Netflix working on my 7024

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Apr 28, 2011
Hmm wierd. Then it is possible to do without rooting. I personally like my 7015 more now rooted than not rooted, but that is my opinion.

NeoStar9X

Aug 6, 2010
So far I'm just using my Coby MID7024 for web surfing, youtube, games (just Angry Birds and Checkers at the moment) and email when I'm at home or work. At home when I'm watching TV or playing a game (PC or console). At work when I'm doing work on my computer. I managed to get google market on it today (app and the google services framework from the various threads in the Generation 2 forum) but just uninstalled it. There really was nothing on it that I couldn't get from other app stores such as SlideMe or Amazon. I guess it was just the desire of getting it on the device and now that's gone. Having Flash work was a far more pressing issue and I got that on within minutes of turning on my device and setting up my wifi. The device is quite usable without rooting it seems, at least for me anyway.

Apr 28, 2011
The only benefit from having the actual market, is when a new version of the app is realeased, it is easier for it to update it, then to refind it and reinstall it.