What Do You Use Your Tablet For?

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 and Acer Iconia W700 a Windows 8 tablet.

I use them to Surf the web(Facebook,Twitter), Watching videos, playing games, Taking notes, checking the Weather, reading the news and i am going to start video editing on my Acer Iconia W700 soon because it lags very badly on my laptop.

I don't use my laptop as much because of my tablets and i use Galaxy Tab 2 7 and Acer Iconia W700 equally and i am very happy with my 2 Tablets. :)

My tablets are my main computer every day now.

I am wondering What do you use your tablet for? and how much do you use your tablet? Has your tablet replaced your PC/laptop?

Wrote this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7. :)

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I use my Android devices, both my tablet and smartphone, for basically the same reasons as you. Before I retired from newspapering, I used PageMaker software on my Mac for years. Now, I find that Android apps, along with Google Chrome, or even the stock 'Internet' browser, deliver all the information that I require and satisfy all my communication needs.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I currently have a Dell venue 8 android, Le Pan mini, an HP touchpad and an HTC one x phone. I use them constantly.

The dell is my favorite and primary tablet. I read the news, check my forums and Facebook, play games, control my chromecast, use it as a TV guide, watch videos on youtube and reading. I buy most of my books from amazon and use the kindle app. (Currently reading Moby Dick).

I use the mini on the patio. I plug it into external speakers and listen to music. Pandora etc.

The touchpad 9.7" sits on my desk at work. I watch Netflix while doing the books after hours, I use it at the front counter to show customers photos and look at on line catalogs for parts orders. I use it as a second screen for my PC. I will look at photos I have taken with my HTC phone that have been uploaded to drop box while writing estimates on the PC.

The HTC phone is used as a gps, a camera and to remind me of appointments I have scheduled using Google calendar on my PC or tablets. Music. I plug it into my car radio for music on road trips. Oh yeah it makes a handy telephone as well.

I use all of the above to check and write emails.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I have been recently monitoring the Dell website for a deal on the Venue 8 tablet, so that I can also retire my 7-incher to the patio.

raybright

Mar 12, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 here. Can say that it has overtaken most of my former laptop-activities: reading news, playing candy crush, checking social and all those daily little things. Still very happy I spent money on this.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Reading novels, reading newspapers, monitoring e-mail, watching TV shows on Netflix, watching youtube, looking up information to bolster arguments and understand current events, games like crossword puzzles, Solitaire, golf, pool. Looking at my websites and blogging. I have to use the computer for serious writing.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I use them for about everything, Navigation, Rooting other Androids, music, tv, movies, websites.

Weather, locations, games, alarm clocks. Facebook, ebay, shopping.

I am currently looking for a cheap small tablet or cell phone with good gps to use for running and biking.

Last edited: