What is your favorite PDF program and why?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
The title says it all. One of my biggest requirements for my eReader is PDF work. I am now rooted and open to finding the best/most powerful PDF application(s) that I can. Input please! ;)

3matthew3

Jan 24, 2011
I really like EZpdf for reading 50mb Magazine PDF files... Seems to load the next 6 or so pages in advance... so if you wait 30 secs or so when you open the file, you can read and change pages fairly smoothly.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I've only used adobe pdf, does the job. :)

Downloading now. Will let you know what I think later. :)

I really like EZpdf for reading 50mb Magazine PDF files... Seems to load the next 6 or so pages in advance... so if you wait 30 secs or so when you open the file, you can read and change pages fairly smoothly.

This seems like a nice app. So far, my only problem is that once I open a pdf in it on my rooted nook, I can't get a menu or anything. I can scroll through docs quick, but all i can do is forward and back. Pressing the N button takes me back to my loader home page. How do I get in-program menu?

i find ezpdf best pdf reader for android.
latest repligo reader is also great.

repligo looks nice for the annotation, but dont want to spend 5 bucks yet.

Temetka

Oct 10, 2011
Never heard of qPDF. I will have to install it and give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

I have used Adobe Reader, which works fine. I have also used EzPDF which I own but cannot install because it is in the B&N app store. I used to buy apps from them using gift cards which I would attach to my account. This was when I was new to the whole Android thing and I thought if I installed the B&N android app later, that I would be able to install my apps as well. I was wrong.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Never heard of qPDF. I will have to install it and give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

I have used Adobe Reader, which works fine. I have also used EzPDF which I own but cannot install because it is in the B&N app store. I used to buy apps from them using gift cards which I would attach to my account. This was when I was new to the whole Android thing and I thought if I installed the B&N android app later, that I would be able to install my apps as well. I was wrong.

Even if you got an app through the B&N app store you should be able to locate the .apk file using a file explorer and then use that file to put the app on any other android device. If it is a free app there is no harm since you can then obviously just go get it form the Google Market or Amazon App Store whenever you want.

TheSteve

May 9, 2012
I use EZpdf also.. it is a great app, but yea, no menu to quickly exit, have to N key it out to the loader. It makes reading my Emotobooks quick though. Loads pages in advance so no loading time. Really fast, and easy.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I use ezPDF because it loads more of the file in the background so I rarely encounter a sluggish page turn. Acrobat was decent, but took a long time rendering PDFs made from images with no OCRed text. The PDF support on Mantano Reader (the absolute best ebook reader ever) is poor, but has gotten much better in the past year.

TheSteve

May 9, 2012
I use ezPDF because it loads more of the file in the background so I rarely encounter a sluggish page turn. Acrobat was decent, but took a long time rendering PDFs made from images with no OCRed text. The PDF support on Mantano Reader (the absolute best ebook reader ever) is poor, but has gotten much better in the past year.

Yup, 100% agree, like I said thats why I use EZpdf also.. Loads in the background smoothly while I'm reading. Plus with the emotobooks, I don't have to wait for the image to load, by the time I get to it in the story, it's loaded already :) So I can look at it, observe it, and then continual reading without pause.

agila61

Sep 8, 2012
I actually use the bundled Quickoffice-lite pdf reader ~ the pdf's I read are Gen manga, and pinch to zoom and scroll down through to the next page are the features I need.

jrstark2

May 3, 2013
I had APV PDF Viewer on my phone so installed it on the Nook. Works fine so far, didn't realize some don't have pinch? This does.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
The need for the application to flatten the final product is the key. Not all printers work with pdf files that have not been flattened. Having tried/purchased 4 of them, I ended with Lecture Notes. Though not a classic pdf viewer the pdf files produced are efficiently flattened. As for annotating files, it far exceeds the competition.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.