what taplet can i use for reading pdf files freely

peter12

Jan 21, 2011
i have spent a lot of hours searching for a portable device for reading pdf books and files
i have found many but most e book readers have a defect ( in my opinion)
as they only allow pdf with (DRM) which means i wont be able to read many of my pdf documents and books and magazines i have on my home PC
i woner also if this reader or tablet read ppt chm pdb documents
I wonder if there is any Android tablet or any other tablet which can help
and i mean i need device based on something like a windows adobe reader which allows me to read all my pdf files and other file without restrictions

peter12

Jan 21, 2011
I am in bad need of such a device to make use of books i have on my pc
as it is too difficult to read and study from without crushing my eyes

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Works fine on Huawei S7. I use Dropbox to auto sync all my documents via the net. I installed the free adobe reader. All works amazingly well.

Sent from my Ideos S7

peter12

Jan 21, 2011
is Huawei S7 better or
zt-180-android-2-2-tablet

in viewing pdf files and other documents
as my own medical pdf books are in the large ( 50 to 200 mega ) all are in the range of hundreds of pages and full of pictures and diagram
i wonder if any one of them can work well with that large files

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Huawei S7. But they are completely different types of devices...

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
My Archos has no problems at all. I have Adobe Reader, I've also purchased Documents to Go for PDF's, DOC's, XLS, and PPT as well.
Both view PDF's quite well.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
As for Large files, I will test it out, I might load a tech manual on board my ship, approx 350 pages in PDF form, and I can see if Adobe reader loads it well.

It should, as PDF readers generally only "load" the actual page that you're looking at (sometimes it's 2 pages, depending on how many you have on your screen).