What would you like to see in Tablet reviews?

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Hello,

Need your opinion on what information would you like to see in reviews. My blog will be reviewing tablets/slates in the future. I want to provide as much information as possible to help you decide whether the tablet is worth buying or not. I have setup the following sections that I will discuss:

• Screen - sharpness, colors, responsiveness, etc.
  • Speed - boot up time, lag when moving from app to app, ability to multi-task, benchmarking scores.
  • Software - Both internal & external apps.
  • Ease of Use - how easy it is to use (although Android is standard so there should not be much variance among Android Tablets but if there is, I will note.)
  • Battery Life - Will be tested with & without WiFi. Both lengths will be noted.
  • Quality - Materials, feel, does it look cheap?, external speakers, etc.
  • Value - Considering everything, is it priced right?
  • Multi-media - how tablet handles pictures, videos & music.
  • Hardware - Android version, RAM, processor, etc.

If there is anything else you want to see or you do not want to see, please post. One item that I will be including is a scoring system that will be based on the sections above. It will be a weighted averaged based on key sections (such as battery life, speed, screen & multimedia application). There will be a score ranging from 1 to 5 where 5 is the best.

Pics and videos will also be included in my review.

So let me know what you will find useful.

Thanks to all!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks, Xaueious. I read MaximumPC and like their format when reviewing computers. I am adopting some of their testing methods and adjusting it for the tablets. One method that I do want to use of theirs is a Zero Point benchmark. What they do is build a computer with good specs and run their battery of benchmarking tests. The results are used as a standard and all computers that they test are compared against these results. That way one knows if a tested computer's benchmark results are better than the "zero point" results.

In your opinion, what is the best Android tablet in the market right now preferably with Android 2.1 (as I will only be considering 2.1 & higher)? Assuming no custom or modified ROM.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
7"

Huawei S7 if you can get your hands on one. Ships in a month.
http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=199911

Everything else is too unpolished to recommend. For now.

And despite the issues, the Augen Gentouch is still good. It is rare a product based on this platform is this well supported

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Seems very impressive but shipping appears to have been delayed as it appears to be a very new product. Do you know anything about the retailer - expansys? thanks.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
HOW GOOD? - Taking into account Price, Hardware, Software overall and OUT-OF-BOX as it comes.