When will the capacitive screen Huawei S7 show up on the market?

me4tux

Nov 24, 2010
I am wondering when will the capacitive version come to market? Presumably it will have Android 2.2 ?

Thanks in advance.

me4tux

Nov 24, 2010
Thanks pa49. I guess I wasn't keepin up.

Why can't I find a review or write up? Is there a weblink you can share to it in Europe? Any review or even a website for purchase. I'd like to see how much this thing is going for in Euros?

Do you know when it will likely get to Best Buy, or North America?

Thanks in advance.

zek

Jan 15, 2011
Thanks pa49. I guess I wasn't keepin up.

Why can't I find a review or write up? Is there a weblink you can share to it in Europe? Any review or even a website for purchase. I'd like to see how much this thing is going for in Euros?

Do you know when it will likely get to Best Buy, or North America?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I'm a french owner of a capacitive S7 since a few days. Quite nice...despite it's a 2.1 Android....
I get it from ldlc.com for 369€.
Huawei S7 - Achat / Vente Tablette Internet sur LDLC.com

jhcernst

Dec 29, 2010
I'm a Dutch owner of a capacitive S7 for three weeks now. I'm very pleased with it, despite 2.1 indeed. It will come in time. Cost 350 euro's.

me4tux

Nov 24, 2010
Hi,
I'm a french owner of a capacitive S7 since a few days. Quite nice...despite it's a 2.1 Android....
I get it from ldlc.com for 369€.
Huawei S7 - Achat / Vente Tablette Internet sur LDLC.com

Thanks to all who replied. Looks like I should be waiting for a while for the S7 (with capacitive) to hit Best Buy retailer in the US.

Another question for owners of the capacitive version: On the side of the box sticker, what is that product (i.e. model number) number? Thanks !

edit: Thanks Peter for the correction!

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i think me4tux means model number. The resistive versions of our tabs are S7-10x (mine is the 104). What is the specific model number for the Capacttive version?

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011
Wow, that's a big jump in price for a different screen. 350 euros = USD $470. The resistive screen is USD $299.

Are the specs other than the screen the same?

Does it have an 8gb internal SD?

I'm a Dutch owner of a capacitive S7 for three weeks now. I'm very pleased with it, despite 2.1 indeed. It will come in time. Cost 350 euro's.

me4tux

Nov 24, 2010
It's April, 2011 - When will we see this or the Ideos S7 slim hit North American retailers?

At $350, it seems the Samsung Galaxy Tab Wifi (P1010) is a better purchase since you can pre-order now....

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The different price points in different markets are hard to predict, everything I've read seems to indicate a retail for the S7 Slim of US$300, and the retail of the Galaxy Tab seems to be US$369. Doesn't mean retailers won't set the price a little lower, the Galaxy Tab seems to be up for pre-order everywhere (in the US) for US$350. So we may see the Slim actually selling for a little less than $300...or not. The S7 Slim will still have 3G/Phone capability and with the G-Tab it will be just Wi-Fi, and I think that makes the S7 Slim a bargain.

Tom

Last edited: