Which "budget" tablet should I buy?

groovybluedog

Dec 6, 2011
Hello!

I'm new to this forum :]

I'm having difficulty deciding which tablet to buy. Would anyone mind helping me pick one out please? I will be using my tablet to do generic things (internet, music, movies), as well as transfer files, use office suites, and most importantly using Teamviewer to control my home computer. As I am still in school I will be using it for educational work which would include taking things onto a larger screen. I would prefer to have a larger tablet, such as 10.1 inches. I will need Adobe Flash, bluetooth, good battery life, Android 2.2 or higher as well as a rooting ability. While not required, the ability to "dual boot" another Linux distro such as Archos tablets would be handy. Rather than stating a specific price as with good searching I find tablets worth 250+ (pounds) at 150 or lower, I'll put in some ideas and hope someone can suggest the right one to go for.

Some tablets I have in mind consist of;

Archos Arnova 10 G2
Archos 101 (It has a nice stand ;P)
KYROS 7022
Viewpad 7

Which? Please suggest more if you have ideas.

Thank you very much for any assistance!

-Groovy

QUICK REFERENCE:

- Purposes: Generic, file transfer, office suite use, teamviewer, presentations.
- Size: 10.1 Inches
- Features: Adobe Flash, bluetooth, good battery, Android 2.2+, rooting ability.
- If possible, dual boot. (That astragon thing?) - NOT required though.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi groovybluedog,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us! I think you'd do well with any of those, but the Kyros 7022 is a 7" you might want to look at their 1125, the 1126 or the 1024 in their 10" line. All have capacitive screens and vary in prices. I have the 1125 linked to in my signature to amazon's page where the price is $199 or $211 depending on which vendor you buy from. I don't know about the office suite use of a tablet, but I know that the ones I've listed by COby are at least Froyo or Gingerbread, (2.2 or 2.3) so maybe one of them will suit your needs. I think the 1024 has been rooted, but I am unsure as to the other two. They are newer and might not have had time to be rooted yet. Someone else will know for sure. In the meantime check out our Coby forums here on the board and happy hunting! :D

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello!

I'm new to this forum :]

I'm having difficulty deciding which tablet to buy. Would anyone mind helping me pick one out please? I will be using my tablet to do generic things (internet, music, movies), as well as transfer files, use office suites, and most importantly using Teamviewer to control my home computer. As I am still in school I will be using it for educational work which would include taking things onto a larger screen. I would prefer to have a larger tablet, such as 10.1 inches. I will need Adobe Flash, bluetooth, good battery life, Android 2.2 or higher as well as a rooting ability. While not required, the ability to "dual boot" another Linux distro such as Archos tablets would be handy. Rather than stating a specific price as with good searching I find tablets worth 250+ (pounds) at 150 or lower, I'll put in some ideas and hope someone can suggest the right one to go for.

Some tablets I have in mind consist of;

Archos Arnova 10 G2
Archos 101 (It has a nice stand ;P)
KYROS 7022
Viewpad 7

Which? Please suggest more if you have ideas.

Thank you very much for any assistance!

-Groovy

QUICK REFERENCE:

- Purposes: Generic, file transfer, office suite use, teamviewer, presentations.
- Size: 10.1 Inches
- Features: Adobe Flash, bluetooth, good battery, Android 2.2+, rooting ability.
- If possible, dual boot. (That astragon thing?) - NOT required though.
Hi groovybluedog, welcome to the forum.
If you're looking for 10" tablets, then, how do you think about this: Zenithink C91 ? can meet all your demands and it's on sale for $224.9 with shipping now, you can check the link for more detailed information: 10.2 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3OS Tablet PC with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
Hope you like it, welcome!:)

groovybluedog

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Thanks for the advice although I am still considering the Archos 101. It's big, it's mean, and it's a capacitive tablet machine! (;P) - I like the look of the Zentithink C91 although it's out of my budget range and their isn't enough coverage on it such as rooting instructions but most importantly reviews. I've ruled out the Viewpad 7 and 7022 due to screen size as pointed out and I'm generally leaning between the 101 and the 10 G2. Out of these two, what do you think? I'm waiting for a responce to some questions from Arnova as the specs on the 101 which I am most interested in are too vain.

-Thanks,

Groovy

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Groovy,

I have recently found another interesting tablet, there is a forum on this board for this brand, and it might have the features you're looking for at the right price:

LePan Tc970

It's a 9.7" Tablet too, I don't know if it's rootable, is the only thing you'd listed that you wanted. I mention it only because it's got KILLER resolution for a 9.7" screen, with many other cool features. Good luck in your hunt for the perfect tablet, hope you come back and update us on what one you go with. Or if you have questions in your researching we're always here. :D

groovybluedog

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks for the suggest. It has some great speaks but I don't like the square squished screen style of it and it's just too sqaure to overcome. You could argue I'm being picky although why would I buy a product that I simply am not impressed with and don't want to show off? ;P Thank you for the suggestion though. It shows you're still willing to help.

One thing I have found is this: [This]

Free leather case and keypad, stylus, earphones, screen protector too! 512 MB Ram, Android 2.3, 1080p Output, Android Market, It has a hell load of awesome ports including Ethernet, two USBs, GPS connector with antenna included, oh lord. The lot. This seems very interesting with it's ports and spects. One thing I am concerned about is it looks smaller than the Archos 101 as the edges are thicker (the black border around the screen). Is the "10 Inch" diagonal of the tablet itself or the visible screen? I'm interested in this as it's price and features (and youtube videos on it) look great but I'd rather seek advice here than regret an instant purchase.

Thanks,

-lewis

groovybluedog

Dec 6, 2011
$s2tlkh.png

I've listed all the pros and cons of each device and I come to the same amount each side! I need to decide on one of these before tomorrow and I cannot choose between them. Can anyone suggest which one I should buy?

Thanks,

-Lewis

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Lewis,

I think I'd go for the Archos 101, I just looked at it on amazon and it's a decent MID so the capacitive screen has me sold, plus the ports are pretty good. I like the other one, hubby is looking at one that's just as nice for just a little less that is at our Big Lots tomorrow. I think we're going to end up with the 1125 I have in my signature, so that's the thing drawing me to it too is that it's got capacitive screen technology. I don't care about a lot of things, but having a capacitive screen is one of the biggies for me. I hope this helps. We'll see what other's think after me. :)