Which files/folders do I delete..?

miseryguts

Aug 31, 2012
I'm trying to free up space on my 16Gb & after deleting quite a lot of apps/games via Easy Uninstaller there is barely any more space.
How do I know which files & folders to delete without screwing up anything else..?
I've had a look in various folders, but don't recognize any of the names.

Thanks.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I've never tried easy installer, but I will recommend installing the app DiskUsage. It gives an easy to see graphical view of what is taking up space. Pinch to zoom, etc.

If you see what app or files are taking up space, uninstall the app from Settings - apps - all, or if its some files or movies use your favorite file manager to delete them.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi misery, the best way to go about mass removal is to go to Settings>Apps and then go to each app and clear its data and cache before uninstalling. This ensures that no app data is left over after removal of the app. Each app should do it when it uninstalls but you never know. There are other apps that you can do this through like TitaniumBackup as well.

Like Frederuco I have no experience with Easy Uninstaller but if after running it you still feel like there are lots of files that didn't get removed you can use file manager apps to track those down. If all else fails you can do a factory reset and start with a fresh clean tablet then only install what you want. It probably isn't a bad idea to do this once in a while anyway since it lets you start over with a fresh clean device you can change up from what you had before.

JP