Which inexpensive tablets run Android market straight out of the box?

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
Okay I want to buy my 2 (6 and 13) sons tablets for Christmas, wanting to spend as little as possible, but still have angry birds, kindle app, nook app and netflix app. I know all of those apps are through Android market and that not all tablet are able to get to Android market straight out of the box and some never even with rooting. I know almost nothing about rooting or changing anything so I want this to be as simple as possible. Are there any inexpensive tablets that just do this or am I dreaming? I would like to keep it under $100 each, but will spend more if I don't have to really change anything. If it is simple stuff that an average pc user can do I would be alright with it. If it has a camera that would be a huge bonus.
Thank you

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
With that budget you will get generic tablets that more then likely won't run the market without some tweaking. I could be wrong but you should be looking at $200 minimum.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Just because a tablet has the market it doesn't mean it will run all of those apps that you want and for under 100 dollars I don't think there is one that will do all that you want. I did just purchase a black pandigital novel last week for 60 bucks and the market can be added to that super easy but not every app works on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
Just because a tablet has the market it doesn't mean it will run all of those apps that you want and for under 100 dollars I don't think there is one that will do all that you want. I did just purchase a black pandigital novel last week for 60 bucks and the market can be added to that super easy but not every app works on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The main thing is will angry birds work. My 6 yr old is obcessed with angry birds and this just to try and save dh's phone from being used constantly for angry birds.
thanks

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Daphne,

I am looking again at the Coby 7022, there is a greatr video review on it showing angry birds being used, and you can install the android market on it, the only thing is that it's almost twice what you're looking to spend. In my travels though, this seems to be best deal out there for being able to run flash, android market, (you have to do some steps to install Android Market, it's NOT out of the box, but I've heard it's easy) angry birds and even netflix if I am correct on that last one....It looks like in this review that he has a netflix app installed on his home screen. It has Gingerbread, OS the Android 2.3 version, and goes for about $180. It has capacitive screen capabilities and 512 RAM and a 1 ghz processor along with a micro HDMI and mini USB ports and a full sized headphone jack. The angry birds demo is at about 2:20 mins into this review, I hope this helps, I don't think any further down the tablet chain will have the features you're looking for so maybe give this coby a looksee, hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
That looks pretty good! By the way Amazon has them for $125 if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004XT6WV0/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1322507657&sr=8-2

Edit/ Yes, the one I linked above is for a resistive screen. You want a capacitive for sure.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

Last edited:

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
Pam thanks, Wow that looks perfect. Hmm I am off to see if it reads pdf and maybe I will get the same one for me and then I won't have to worry about spending the extra on theirs since I will save on mine.
Rob thanks for finding it cheaper, Sears also has it for $135.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
That was the MID7022 review I posted, but the MID7016 is resistive touch, it also has a 800hmz processor and in this review someone did an updated thoughts on this model he talked about the processing power not working well for games like Angry Birds. Just thought I would pop back in and share this other review, since the one above I posted was for a different device: JR's has this device though, for under 100, Think it was 94 bucks when I last looked but I could be wrong, it might have been the MID7012 that they had for that price. Here is another reivew but on the MID7016:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
No problem Daphne, I had a feeling that it might be just what you were looking for. Hopefully you can get a couple of those devices and get your smart phones back. And have happy kids in the process. :D

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
By the way, I would not recommend getting a resistive touchscreen device unless you really don't want to spend the money. The entire usage experience is hampered considerably compared to a tablet with capacitive. It's simply difficult to use, and a clunky system IMO. Capacitive touchscreens are much ​more worth it.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Pam thanks, Wow that looks perfect. Hmm I am off to see if it reads pdf and maybe I will get the same one for me and then I won't have to worry about spending the extra on theirs since I will save on mine.
Rob thanks for finding it cheaper, Sears also has it for $135.
Hi, Daphne. you can find some tablet PCs with under $100 in our site like this 7" for $88 with shipping: Cheap 7 inch android 2.2 OS Tablet PC with VIA 8650 CUP and Dual Core 800Mhz - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
and i also recommend the Zenthink C71 for $158 with shipping to you. hope you enjoy the online shopping!:)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Just to throw this out there if you are willing to spend more money I recommend the Vizio Vtab 1008. I didnt even know it existed until this weekend but it is awesome. It will do everything you want and it also has an IR blaster so you can control basically everything in your house right from your tablet. I have tried it with 4 tvs an xbox and a cox cable box. It was on sale for 180 at costco and still might be. I just thought i would share that because I have been hoping someone would put IR in an Android device for ever.

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
I am actually considering a refurbished nook color (when overstock gets them back in and has a deal)then getting a loaded sdcard.

Okay I am wondering can most tablets get to amazon (obviously the nook needs a root or the sdcard root)?
What inexpensive tablets can run angry birds, kindle app and netflix(multi touch is a must)? I mean all of those can be downloaded through amazon so if I can't get to Android marketplace then I still have those apps, just not nook app and some others that I doubt the kids will really care about.

Thank you everyone I am learning so much from all of you.