Which tablet do I have

nuyawker2000

Apr 29, 2011
Greetings All,
I purchased a 7" tablet in Chinatown, NYC but I have no idea what brand it is. All I know is the following from About Device:
Model= WonderMedia WM8650
Android 2.2
Kernel ver. = 2.6.32.9 - default
Build # = generic 2.2 froyo v1.2.0-20110321.152349

I believe it is just like the one in this link:

Android 2.2 Tablet 7" WM8650 ePad APAD Wi-Fi 3G 800MHz | eBay

except it has no printing on the back of it, when its on there is a blue light.

This thing is super super slow so I was wondering if there were a rom for it making it better to use. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nuyawker2000

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Not sure on what tablet it is but when you say super slow, which part is slow?

Home screen transitions? Apps launching?

nuyawker2000

Apr 29, 2011
yes to both questions also opening web pages. I am a newbie to tablets so I would like to be able to learn how to make an image of the the table, load roms, root and things like that on this tablet before attempting rooting on the NI Adam.
Thanks

kryodyne

May 22, 2011
Hi,

I looks like a M009s from the pics and specs, but I could be wrong. As far as making it better - there is a honeycomb (android 3.0) mod for many tablets like yours that is being developed, but initail reports are good - HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - View forum - WM8650 1.3.0 HYBRiD HoneyCombMOD. You will have to register and login before the link will take you to the right forum. There are several ppl on there with the same tablet as yours, blue led - with different results so you may have to play around with it to make it all work - ie the touchscreen and sound seem to be the 2 biggest issues.

Kry