Which tablet should i get?

scofmb

Feb 25, 2011
I lost my Nexus One phone the other day and i'm thinking about waiting for the next gen of cellphones (dual cores) from HTC or one that cyano support... so im about to get a cheap tablet for email, browsing and reading(ebooks).

i want one between 140-200$us and with froyo 2.2 and 7"... i found this one interesting, pls what you ppl think. (copy the urls.. erase the space)

VIA 8650 W8001 Google Android 2.2 8 inch VIA 8650 Dual core 800MHZ Table PC
http://www.*****************/products/product_32823.htm US $112.76

FS-805T A8 8 inch Google Android 2.2 with 3G Wi-Fi MID Gravity Sensor Silver
http://www.*****************/products/product_26796.htm US $144.18

A-816 8 inch Google Android 2.2 Samsung S5PV210 ARM Cortex-A8 1.2GHz Tablet PC
http://www.*****************/products/product_31611.htm US $194.09

Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 GPS Tablet PC - 4gb Superpad 2 Epad Apad - Flytouch3
http://*****************/flytouch-3-android-2-2-gps-tablet-pc---4gb-superpad-2-epad-apad---flytouch3.aspx $233.99

Thanks in advance! and if i posted this here wrongly, im sorry!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Buying from a banned vendor is not recommended.

The so called 816 is the better one in the list.

golum

Feb 28, 2011
Hi,

I'm also in need of a little advice if possible. I've been offered any one of the following for the same price of about £120/$195.

TC8902 - 10” - Android 2.2/WinCE 6.0 (Haipad) multi touch/camera/gsensor
**Sale**10" Telechip**MULTI TOUCH**UK STOCK**FREE Delivery**NEW Stock** - The Wholesale Forums

ZT180 v2 – 10” - Android 2.2 - HDMI out
**ZT-180 v2**512 RAM**HDMI Out**IN STOCK NOW** - The Wholesale Forums

Flytouch – 10” - Android 2.1 - gps included
**Sale**10" InforTm**GPS MODULE**UK STOCK**FREE Delivery**NEW Stock** - The Wholesale Forums

VIA8650 – 10” - Android 2.2
**New VIA8650 Android 2.2 Tablet**Dynamic Homescreen**9.7" Great Seller** - The Wholesale Forums

Cortex - 8” - Android 2.2
**Sale**8" A8 Cortex**FLASH**UK STOCK**FREE Delivery**NEW Stock** - The Wholesale Forums

Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences they can share on any of these?

The original reason for wanting a tablet was for reading .cbr files (my HTC Desire is just too darn small)...but obviously i want the best i can get for my money regarding all the other features.

As for them having Android 2.2, does anyone know if Flash 10.1 actually works on any of them?

Also, I'm happy to get my hands dirty and update firmware etc (Now or in the future), i appreciate that tinkering is a part of lower end tech :)

Cheers.

golum

Feb 28, 2011
Nobody? :(

I've been through various areas of the forum to find out as much as possible. I think i've narrowed it down to either the ZT180 v2 or the Flytouch 2...but now a 7" has come into the equation. The HSG X5A....I can get it for about £30 cheaper. At about £90 is this a bargain? Will we ever see it with Froyo?

Also, how likely is it that the Flytouch 2 will get a stable Android 2.2 update?

Cheers,

G

scofmb

Feb 25, 2011
Buying from a banned vendor is not recommended.

The so called 816 is the better one in the list.

why were they banned? and where i get a list of good places to buy? (about to start looking in the forum for that thread tho)

chuckctv

Mar 5, 2011
Wouldn"t it just be easier for the guys of this forum to either send us the forum link for recommended/tested cheap/china units, or just throw them out their to us.
recommendations from current users who have hacked/modded these units into perfect android devices, makes it easier in making choices.

I would love a true recommendation of some 8-10 inch android 2.2 units myself, especailly uints with gps, accelerator, rotation, bluetooth,wifi functions ++. I have found some on ebay e-pads for around $225-$300 range. even a few auctions used to bring people in, actually closing around $200 even. But i joined this site to find out what is a good buy and what is total crap and waste of money. I really want a good color touch screen, not a washed out screen.