Which Tablet To Buy?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I guess its coz they're based in china, small but growing with a good reputation. Maybe in time they will sell on amazon. You can use paypal with most so fairly safe in my opinion. Why is amazon so important to you? Its not the only place to shop.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
aahhhh I see. Well, dunno about tab but maybe you could get some nice accessories for one from amazon. Maybe even sell the credit to someone else even.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Both very nice but my biggest problem is price, and with my other choices I could use Amazon and more importantly, £30 worth of vouchers lol! Unless you guys are on Amazon????

Oh, i see, but you may can't find such a cheap price on Amazon for that tablet, and as i checked, you may need to cost $200+ on amazon for ainol novo 7 aurora 8GB with IPS screen.
and here's the Teclast P85, hope you can get what you want. Good luck! :)

magician2905

May 31, 2012
draddict74 - a lot of the vendors mentioned are China resellers.

What this means to you is;
1) You may be liable for import duties to be paid when its delivered - doesnt mean to say you WILL.
2) Free delivery is usually EMS (or Chinapost) this can take a significant amount of time to arrive - my order from pandawill took nearly 45 days to arrive.
3) Price may be better than say a re-seller based in your country
4) An "initially" better price must be tempered with some caution due to 1)
5) Support will not necessarily be there/or fast - eg warranty/firmware issues - certainly warranty issues will require you to return the item to China and then await a fixed/replacement unit.

Usually you can find a reseller who is based locally to you;
1) Price is a little less competitive than a China reseller
2) Delivery will usually be much faster, as a rule mostly be within a few days, but may cost you as opposed to free.
2) Support is much more readily available eg warranty/firmware.

Firmware Support;
One of the major reasons these forums are around is to share working firmwares.
Often the firmwares are "grouped" into a range of tablets (this is because many of the tablets are essentially the same - just with diferent "names" on them) but sometimes there are minor differences in the actual components inside the tablets which means that unless a specific firmware has been confirmed as working on your tablet you dont actually know that it will.
Usually a locally based re-seller will have done the hard work for you and found a firmware update specifically for the device they supplied. The more reputable re-sellers will continually update their firmware(s) and provide, simple easy to follow instructions on how to do this.
With a China re-seller you are forced to either try and navigate the translated pages or utilise these forums to find the firmware update yourself.

I hope that helps.

ps for the 7" Tablet form you are considering be aware that the Google Nexus 7" is due to be released very soon and it may be worthwhile holding off a week or so to see what the specification actually is and what price point it is available in your country.

AZrat

Dec 28, 2010
The Ainol is a well built Tablet I have had a Paladin, ELF and just ordered a Tornados

magician2905

May 31, 2012
I also have an Ainol which is v good. Only downside to Ainol is they are constantly releasing new versions and dis-continuing the current ones.

I think Ainol have 4 x 7" versions listed atm so expect 1 or more to be discontinued shortly.

bvn

Jun 11, 2012
From USA. I wouldn't call them junk, just inappropriate for the intended use. It sounds like you want what we call a "mission critical" piece of business equipment (with entertainment extras:) Besides "road warrior" quality hardware, consider that the "budget" Android platforms do not have Google support. Unless you want to do a lot of "side loading" and scrounging for apps that actually work, make sure that "Google location services" and "Google Play" are supported. These cost the manufactures extra. Also, many manufactures want to steer you to advertisement revenue generating app repositories of their choosing. Free, can be too expensive.

Just focus on your business requirements and the other bits will "pull through" - not true with most computing platforms, but true on Android.