Widgets wigged out...

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Has anyone run into this? This hasn't happened to me for a week or so, but it popped up again last night. I had turned off my A500 over night and when I turned it back on this morning, all my widgets were gone. All my apps were in the same place I put them, but all my widgets had flown off my screen and I had to replace all of them...a major annoyance once you get your screens working the way you like them. Does anyone know how to back up my configuration so in case this happens again I can just restore it?

Thanks

robdroid

May 4, 2011
My widgets have disappeared a few times too.
The only one that stays put permanently is the Accu-Weather widget. The others just disappear randomly- they're still installed though. I just drag them back to the main widget screen from the apps/wallpaper, etc sub-screen.
It is annoying though.... and I don't think there's anyway to back up the widget screen config.

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
Has anyone run into this? This hasn't happened to me for a week or so, but it popped up again last night. I had turned off my A500 over night and when I turned it back on this morning, all my widgets were gone. All my apps were in the same place I put them, but all my widgets had flown off my screen and I had to replace all of them...a major annoyance once you get your screens working the way you like them. Does anyone know how to back up my configuration so in case this happens again I can just restore it?

Thanks

Do you face this issue only after switching off and on the unit or you face the same after sleep mode too?

acsere

May 4, 2011
I have had mine do this only twice, once after I rooted, and again after removing root. I thought it had to do with that. I've not had it happen at all other than those times.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

dhornick

May 12, 2011
This happens to me on occasion as well. Quite the annoyance. I wish I had an answer but hopefully an update to 3.1 will.

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
This only happens to me when switching on and off and it doesn't happen every time...quite a puzzlement. I did apply an update to Beautiful Widgets before this happened, but this happens with all widgets, not just the "Beautiful Widgets" and, again, it doesn't happen every time I do an updated.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
This has not happened to me after a month of near daily use. That said, I only have three widgets on my screen. The stock browser bookmark widget, the evernote widget and a toggle widget. Out of those three, the only widget that's giving me anything close to an issue is the browser widget, which seems to restart itself every time I try to scroll through it. Other than that, though... no issues.