Wifi, 3G & RJ45 fail to access data and internet on 7" Touch MID Notebook Netbook UMP

Richard Chin

Aug 14, 2010
Can anybody help me, I just got a 7" Apad from China wihich was running on Android 1.7 but it firmware is 1.6 is this correct or any better upgrade, and I can't log in to internet, as far as it when the RJ45 cable was connect and wifi was on, the ion on top the screen will appeared, but it still unable to access data or download any applications. And whenever it tried to login or access, if there is an changes on the page, it will reboot to show the next page, and it will stop there and can't do any further.
It may be fault in the software or somethings maybe missing any advice from anybody out there? or it is a hardware problems, help! help!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You sound like you might know Chinese. Try QQ group 82042313 for live support of sorts.

Otherwise, I'm having trouble understanding your issue.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Can anybody help me, I just got a 7" Apad from China wihich was running on Android 1.7 but it firmware is 1.6 is this correct or any better upgrade, and I can't log in to internet, as far as it when the RJ45 cable was connect and wifi was on, the ion on top the screen will appeared, but it still unable to access data or download any applications. And whenever it tried to login or access, if there is an changes on the page, it will reboot to show the next page, and it will stop there and can't do any further. It may be fault in the software or somethings maybe missing any advice from anybody out there? or it is a hardware problems, help! help!

Which one do you want to use wireless, 3G, RJ45 Ethernet. DHCP should detect your router. If not then you have an issue with the device. Go into settings SD card and click reset to factory settings. Make sure the device is connected to your power AC when you do a full factory reset. Once you do this try the RJ45 connection again and see if you can get on the internet?

Richard Chin

Aug 14, 2010
Thank for your advice, it seem that after reset it, I can access internet using wifi only, but when I try RJ45 with the wifi off, it still don't work, and by the way can 3G modem work on this device?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The devices with the RJ45 ethernet are not really very robust in how the wired Ethernet is configured. I had to input my IP address, subnet range and DNS. DHCP just would not work on the hard wired. Also there many sub-factors which can make it not work. I have not really checked, but it could be whether the connection provided by the Wired Switch is auto recognizable 10 vs 100Mb networks. Duplex vs half-Duplex vs auto. The technology of plug an play can fall apart with just one of these variables not recognize.

If you are familiar with Ethernet, review your PC settings and details. It is possible one of these settings may be non-standard to your tablet. Best of Luck.

Richard Chin

Aug 14, 2010
May be can get advice from you, will there be any problem if I upgrade to ver.1.8.4 and my is 1.7.4 and any solution to view youtube video or any FLV format.

Rmzzie

Aug 17, 2010
Hello, I just got a Irobot mid android tablet v1.8.2 fireware 1.6 I can not get a wifi connection nor does the Bluetooth pickup or find.. I rebooted it to factory settings I need help to get the gadget working please help ([email protected]) thank you...

Rmzzie

Aug 17, 2010
I have a problem something like that with the Internet but it will not find any of my wifi signals do you have answer that can help seeing you had Internet problems too...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Thank for your advice, it seem that after reset it, I can access internet using wifi only, but when I try RJ45 with the wifi off, it still don't work, and by the way can 3G modem work on this device?

Suppose work that's how I had tested my out. Really the unit is suppose to work either way. When you connect to your router, does the port light up on the router side for the unit? In the router DHCP Client table does the router see the unit? If you have 3G modem, and 3G service it should work.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I have a problem something like that with the Internet but it will not find any of my wifi signals do you have answer that can help seeing you had Internet problems too...

Do you have a wireless router? Does your unit have RJ45 connector so you can test the Ethernet connection to it? If you can get on the internet that way then you can also test tout the wireless. Go right on top of the wireless router and see if it would still connect?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
What Tipstr said is on target. In summary what I did to get my unit working. NOTE: This requires understanding how to manually configure an IP address. I would not use this as the default. Change back to your current settings when using wireless
1. Plug in the tablet to your router/switch/hub
2. Turn on your tablet
3. Open Settings
4. Open Ethernet connections
5. check Use Static address
6. Input an unused IP address your PC would use. (most use 192.168.1.1xx range) But others do not. I used 192.168.1.199
7. Input Network Mask: Most home networks use a 255.255.255.0 mask
8. Input a DNS server 1. You can google some of the open DNS servers available
Look at the light on the Switch/router/hub. If it is lit and is flickering. then you know you have a good connection. Try your browser. If the light is dark,then there is something wrong with either your Ethernet cable, your Ethernet port on the Switch or the Ethernet on your tablet.

Best of luck

Richard Chin

Aug 14, 2010
It works, thank, but I had another problem, I upgraded my device to 1.8.4 which my is 1.7.4 and now it won't turn on, only the green LED appear, any idea how to reset it as I don't see any reset button only I remember at the SD setting only at the screen, but now the screen don't even appear, do I just on it and let it drain out the power and hopefully it turn on again.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
It works, thank, but I had another problem, I upgraded my device to 1.8.4 which my is 1.7.4 and now it won't turn on, only the green LED appear, any idea how to reset it as I don't see any reset button only I remember at the SD setting only at the screen, but now the screen don't even appear, do I just on it and let it drain out the power and hopefully it turn on again.

Hi Tipstir, Gurgle and Richard,

It appears that you seem to know or experienced with 3G MIDs and USB Modems. I have been looking for a CHEAP ( < $130) MID just for Email, Ebooks and must connect to the WEB by Modem, as I will be travelling to places where NO WIFI. PLE...ASE suggest MID model name, where to buy and WHICH MODEM to use? I will be very grateful. Thanks.

Dave.

Mar 13, 2011
Hi, I have tried to configure using the suggestions on this post but I can not get my ethernet connection to work with my Epad.

Am I doing anything wrong or have I got a faulty Epad or RJ45 connector?

I have tried the following:

1. Plugged in the epad to the ethernet using the RJ45
2. Switched on the epad
3. Go to Epad settings
4. Turned off the wi-fi
5. Switched "Enthernet On"
6. In settings go to Ethernet configuration
7. Configure Ethernet devices
8. Entered my "IP address details" as the epad did not automatically configure to the IP.
9. Entering Free Open DSN server numbers 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.222.220 or 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4
Then NETmask numbers from a free server 255.255.255.0

But still it did not work

My broadband is with Virgin Media, I am based in London, UK My Epad is a ZT-180 2.2 4GB
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110656003262&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have emailed the seller of my epad and he hasn't replied and other members on Ebay who brought the same Epad and they are also having the same problem.
Any help will be great as I have been searching the internet for hours.

Last edited:

Dave.

Mar 13, 2011
I have now solved the problem and this is how I configured the ethernet settings:

On your home PC press the "Windows key" and "R" together. a little box will open then type "CMD" and hit enter.

Then a black box will open, then type "ipconfig/all" enter

This will give you all the details you need to enter into the epad ethernet config settings.

Now you have this information, you can configure the device:

Dhcp = off (i'm guessing you tried on and it wouldn't get an IP?)
Static IP = on
IP Address = the same as your PC +10 (eg if your PC is 192.168.0.2, set this as 192.168.0.12 - hopefully this should keep it clear of any other allocationed IPs)
Netmask = 255.255.255.0
DNS address = the same a default gateway
Default router = the same as default gateway