Wifi Help PLEASE :)

spikeyvUK

Jan 7, 2012
i've just bought a updated C91 and everything appears to be ok. however my wifi keeps dropping out. i stand next to the wireless router and it connects, obtains the IP address and then instantly drops connection, it is just constantly just looping trying to connect, obtaining IP then drops. My HTC Sensation gets great connection. I also tried to make my phone a wifi hotspot and put it next to the tablet but same problem it is constantly dropping the connection.

I have tried a mod as well placing aluminium tape under the antenna and get 4 bars at point of connection but again instantly drops connection. Its very very frustrating as I was having doubts about the tablet and this has left me annoyed and probably out of pocket.

Any ideas or suggestions please.

spikeyvUK

Jan 7, 2012
Hello thanks for your response. I've not done that yet partly because I can't connect to the internet using the tablet and I didn't have a RJ45 cable to hand. I would have thought the software would be up to date as its a recently updated tablet. and can't understand why it connects and drops instantly.

guess its something i'll have to try when I get home from work. If you can think of anything else please let me know.

spikeyvUK

Jan 7, 2012
thank you, thats very useful information. Have a good day! if I get stuck i'll come back on here. wish i'd bought the device to work now as i'll have to wait till I finish to update.

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
thank you, thats very useful information. Have a good day! if I get stuck i'll come back on here. wish i'd bought the device to work now as i'll have to wait till I finish to update.

Hey Spikey

Having had a similar issue when I first purchased my c91, just need to confirm how you're actually trying to connect - remember if your router supports WPS then you need the passkey for the SSID to which you're trying to connect BUT ALSO (in C91 wifi setup) you need to tick advanced options, scroll down and choose the appropriate WPS option, usually either of the PIN options will work (the options are to get a pin from c91 and put that into router setup or vice versa). I'm sure I haven't explained it as well as I could have but I'm new to this myself.

Good luck mate, yell out if you need anything else or would like something clarified.