WIFI Issue with Android 2.2 epad 7" WMT2.1.2

Jan 4, 2011
Hello to all I am a newbie and I hope someone can help. I bought a brandnew MID/epad 7" that comes with Android 2.2 and WMT2.1.2 installed. I tested the wifi capabilities and found that it does not connect to almost all wifi hotspots I tried it on. There was one time that it successfully connected and I was able to browse for about 5 minutes and then it got disconnected and never connected again to the same hotspot it connected to :confused:. All the available hotspots are detected and has strong signal, however I am unsuccessful to connect my device to any. It just say that its obtaining ip address.....then Disconnect.. Or obtaining ip address...then unsuccessful :(. I googled my issue and found that this is an issue to many epad 7" with the same android os and build that I have. Would a firmware upgrade solve this issue? Also I would like to ask members here with the Android 1.6 installed, if they experience the same issue? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

nikolas22t

Mar 16, 2011
I have the same problem with my 7" tablet android pc , did you fix the problem ? you did a firmware upgrade ? Please advice.

I have the same device in 10" and its working fine!

r2d2r2d2

Mar 18, 2011
Hello to all,
I'm new in the android wold and i'm a bit lost.
I just received my apad/epad ... or whatever it is and there is no way to connect via wifi. It tries to connect and says there is no wifi connections (no true).
I've tried with WefiConnect & WifiManager but, no way.
model: generic
memory size: 256mb
firmare:android 3.0
kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
comp: WMT2.1.2
BlueLED and green headphone

Hope someone can help.
Thank you

Apr 16, 2011
I also had the same problem with all 5 android tab green led vibrating on start.
Connected but after some minutes/seconds it becomes unable to access data, even the wifi status still connected.

macedpo

May 18, 2011
Have the very same Wifi problem. Bought a new 7" tablet a few day's ago.
Did anyone found a solution ?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
First, Try a factory reset.

Second, Try to flash the firmware to something higher.

Third, Reset again.

You may have an operational wifi tablet after all of that.

macedpo

May 18, 2011
First, Try a factory reset.

Second, Try to flash the firmware to something higher.

Third, Reset again.

You may have an operational wifi tablet after all of that.

Done all that... have flashed 2 different firmwares... problem is still there.
The tablet sees my wifi-router and connects, gets IP-address and... disconnects. Or even at less then 1 meter from router tablet says... out of range.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Done all that... have flashed 2 different firmwares... problem is still there.
The tablet sees my wifi-router and connects, gets IP-address and... disconnects. Or even at less then 1 meter from router tablet says... out of range.

Ok then we have narrowed it down to a hardware problem. The best bet would be to return it and get a better tablet.

Unless you feel like opening it and replacing the NIC

Last edited:

oofy

May 19, 2011
Ok then we have narrowed it down to a hardware problem. The best bet would be to return it and get a better tablet.

Unless you feel like opening it and replacing the NIC

I have a 10" and am having wifi issues...it was working great, did a reset because I'm selling it and wanted my info deleted and now the wifi won't connect. It tries to obtain ip but fails...please help???

Kontra152

Aug 10, 2011
Same problem I just got my tablet it's the 7 inch one I purchased it for my wife and she was like hey I can't get on the Internet so I have to use the Ethernet connection until I can sought it out if any of you can get the problem fixed I sure would appreciate the reply to my reply also I see one person said flash the Firmware could you please let me know how to do it I'm afraid if I reset this this it may not work all together thanks and I hope y'all get your problems worked out.