wifi suddenly not in range

ojoe

Nov 16, 2015
Hello -

I have a Galaxy Tab4, which I bought over the summer in the U.S. But for the last few months, I've been in Italy, teaching English. I've moved around a bit since I've been here, but the tablet always worked fine on the Internet (except in some public places when I had trouble signing in...but that's not my main concern).

I'm in an apartment now, and have been here for three weeks. I have a laptop and the tablet, and they've both worked just fine with the Internet, until last night. I did have a little bit of an electrical problem last night, and the router went down for a little bit. Since it came back on, my laptop re-connected with no problem, but now the tablet says the network is "out of range."

I tried re-starting the tablet, and then shutting it down all together. I reset the router again - still says it's out of range. So...does anybody know how I might get my tablet to re-connect to a network that it was using without issue for the last three weeks?

Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome aboard

My suggestion would be to find that connection in settings - WiFi and remove it. Then restart the tablet and connect again from scratch.

ojoe

Nov 16, 2015
Welcome aboard

My suggestion would be to find that connection in settings - WiFi and remove it. Then restart the tablet and connect again from scratch.

OK. Did that, and it still comes up as out of range. Is there something else I can try?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can try a public hotspot to see if the same problem exists somewhere else.

ojoe

Nov 16, 2015
You can try a public hotspot to see if the same problem exists somewhere else.

I went out into public today, and used a few different hot spots - all fine. Came back home, and the router here is still "not in range."

By the way, I haven't said so before, but than you for the responses. It's not getting me anywhere yet, but I do very much appreciate the effort.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You are very welcome.

Next suggestion, reset the router back to defaults and start over, or at least check to see if there is a firmware update for it.

agent16

May 10, 2011
You might download "WiFi Analyzer" from the Play store to see if your wifi router is actually putting out a signal.