Will you get one on release day?

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Just read the price and no I won't. Ill stick with my galaxy tab

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
With $800 cash in hand or looking for easy prey! There are a lot better ways to part with that kind of money. Even if Best Buy will give you back 1/2 in 6 months with their Buy Back program, that's a lot to be first.

Last edited:

cbinks

Nov 20, 2010
I was initially looking to wait for one, then felt the 600-800 price point just too high, decided to go the VS G-Tab route and learn more about Andriod OS while trying out some of the available ROMS on it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Another vote for NO!

Moto is out of their mind with that price and for what? An update OS and a little better hardware? I'll just wait for honeycomb on my $250 device and in a year prices will be half for better stuff ;)

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
No I won't. I'm going to wait for all these other tablets to come out and see a bit of a price war now. If it was $600 I would have definitely said yes...even $700 was negotiable.

flyer05

Feb 8, 2011
No way, for all the reasons stated. I'll wait it out and see what else comes up this year. And Jobs can keep his apples.

Arun01

Jan 11, 2011
$800 plus a month of service plus taxes & a cover to keep that thing in.....equals well over $900 !!!...for a tablet..insane!!! I'm happy with my Dell Streak 7 :)..which is upgradeable to Honeycomb 3.0

Maverick

Feb 9, 2011
I'm getting one on launch day. At first my girlfriend was not happy with the $799 price but I talked her into letting me have it.

I bought the Google Nexus One at launch and seems to me this is the Nexus of tablets so I must have it. I'm absolutely pumped to get it!! I'm going to be connecting it to my Nexus One via the Nexus's free WiFi hotspot feature on AT&T's 3G network. That way I can use it anywhere I go for free.:) Free Google Navigation on a 10in tablet is going to be sweet.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
No No No. Honestly, motorola set the price too high and I dont think it will be sold very well. All other major Android tablet manufacturers will have their new tablets launched by the middle of this year. And Ipad 2 is around the corner. Even the Rimm playbook will be here soon. Majority of people who are in market will just wait for more and better options to come.

rajones19

Dec 9, 2010
I'll be there. I'm still not convinced it will actually be $800; I'll be there anyway. My friend at VZW emailed while i was having lunch to say the Motorola Rep was there with a XOOM, and to come on up and have a look. I ran upstairs and spent about 15 minutes with it, and that's all it took for me. I love the thing. Didn't want to give it back. Marvelous device, and the perfect size. Very snappy and response, very smooth. I asked about delivery date and pricing, and he deflected; said 'about two weeks, towards end of the month' for delivery. Pricing, he said, hadn't been determined yet. These were the answers I expected, but couldn't help asking. It is a lovely piece of equipment, for sure.

Maverick

Feb 9, 2011
I'll be there. I'm still not convinced it will actually be $800; I'll be there anyway. My friend at VZW emailed while i was having lunch to say the Motorola Rep was there with a XOOM, and to come on up and have a look. I ran upstairs and spent about 15 minutes with it, and that's all it took for me. I love the thing. Didn't want to give it back. Marvelous device, and the perfect size. Very snappy and response, very smooth. I asked about delivery date and pricing, and he deflected; said 'about two weeks, towards end of the month' for delivery. Pricing, he said, hadn't been determined yet. These were the answers I expected, but couldn't help asking. It is a lovely piece of equipment, for sure.
Hi!

Thanks for the post...can you tell us anything about the build quality? Was the back smooth plastic or rubberized, etc..? Anything you can tell us that we don't know or haven't read about yet?

Thanks!