Wireless keyboard and mouse suggestions

Sheehan1

Jun 25, 2013
Hi I need some help again.
I have a Nexus 7 tablet. I just hate typing on the nexus 7 keyboard except for small exercises. I am a trained typist so I can type at over 100 wpm on a keyboard.
So I want to try and buy a suitable wireless keyboard and mouse that will work well. I assume the wireless keyboards and mouse that you use on a standard computer with windows wont work and you have to get one that is for androids. I have seen where the Apple keyboard works. Also Motorola gets some good recommendations.
Anyone out there with any advice

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you have a USB port many wireless keyboards and mice will work but not all. A better solution would be blue tooth. Wioreless keboards and mice that don't require a dongle are available but difficult to find and expensive.

Sheehan1

Jun 25, 2013
Thanks Leeshor,
I was just looking at a wireless Motorola keyboard for the Zoom which a lot of people say works well with the Nexus 7 and is a good spacious keyboard. It is not a keyboard mouse combination and is there any problems with buying a different bluetooth mouse. I am not very technically mind and the following may be a silly question. Can you use both a keyboard and a mouse connected by bluetooth at the same time or do you have to use one via bluetooth and the other via the USB port with a dongle?

Sheehan1

Jun 25, 2013
Thanks aghain Leeshor for the prompt reply. So obviously you can use various devices connected by bluetooth at the same time? I was just at Dick Smiths which is an Australian Electronic store and bought a Microsoft Wedge bluetooth keyboard. It cost $49 after a cash back from Microsoft so it was a good price. It paired up easily and it works. It is not a full key board size which I was a bit wary of but I find it easy to use. It has a rubber type cover which you store the wedge in it You can also use the cover as a stand for the Nexus 7. I will go and buy a bluetooth mouse and give it a try. The wired mouse on my computer is malfunctioning so if it doesnt work on the tablet I can use it on the computer with a dongle.
I will give another post after I used it a bit more which might help others who are looking at a suitable keyboard for their android.

Sheehan1

Jun 25, 2013
Hi Leehor
I just ordered a Logitech bluetooth mouse for android. Hopefully it will work. I just searched this website and saw some tips. I then downloaded Cloud Print and entered my printer's details. I then produced a document on word processing app on my Nexus 7 and printed it to my printer. How good is that. My Nexus 7 is now a little office computer that I can use if I am travelling. As I said before my main purpose for buying the tablet was so that I could surf the net when away from my desktop and occasionally produce documents. I dont intend to play games or listen to much music as I am not into games and listen to music on my stereo unit. Anyone have any other uses for these tablets then the normal ones like calendar reminders etc.