Witstech charger - specs or replacement needed

hepps

Oct 12, 2010
Hi all,

Happy owner of a Witstech A81e and left my charger overseas. Are there any compatible chargers that will work? Or where can i get a replacement charger?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Interesting factoid about the chargers that come from the sellers.
OutPut for Wall charger: 6.5V 1.5Amp
Output for 12V Car charger: 5V 1.5Amp

So, it looks like it is the end which is critical. It looks like center is POS. and that it can be 5-6.5V with 1.5Amp output

davawt

Dec 14, 2010
Hi there

Also the end of the connection is Dia: 1.5 mm and its length: 8.00 mm
That fits the female on the wits A81e, hope this helps?

Take care, bye
davawt

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
I have been using my Wits A81E since Aug. 2010 (small USB) and quite enjoying it. However for the last couple of days the AC power charger has been giving trouble - appears to be with the end plug which goes into the A81E side, loose connection? Shaking it and pressing hard etc. seems to work, when the power switch comes on, otherwise not charging.
Can I buy in USA an alternative, if so details please. Many thanks in anticipation.

Barry S

Apr 8, 2011
Hi all,

Happy owner of a Witstech A81e and left my charger overseas. Are there any compatible chargers that will work? Or where can i get a replacement charger?

The charger is rated 5V @1500 mA DC, which is hard to believe looking at the DC cable. The DC plug is a 3.5mm DC barrel. I have used a USB mains charger with a USB to 3.5mm DC barrel cable to charge my A81G. You may have a problem charging it from a PC USB port as they generally have a low current output. Hope that helps.

jdcorley

Jan 27, 2011
FWIW, my miniUSB charger for my phone will not charge in the miniUSB slot. I haven't tried the big USB slot. (just thought about it right this instant!)

I also haven't found a replacement charger anywhere (RadioShack, Batteries+, etc.)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
WitsTech in their glory do not use over the wire (USB connected) charging. You have to use a charger. My AC unit died so rely totally on my 12V charger and a AC/12V DC socket converter.
I also found a USB to the plug adapter. I can charge but not use the device this way. It is a trickle charge effect and takes about 2X as long.

tetrarca1

Jun 25, 2011
Did it work? I've been trying to get a car charger for my WITS A81, can't find it anywhere. The one online its says that is white in color, its that the right one? (fatmanwalking) where did purchased your and how much they charge you for it? Did it work?

Last edited:

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
Did it work? I've been trying to get a car charger for my WITS A81, can't find it anywhere. The one online its says that is white in color, its that the right one? (fatmanwalking) where did purchased your and how much they charge you for it? Did it work?

I bought my charger (wall charger not car charger) from Merimobiles.com. I also purchased my A81H from Merimobiles.com as well.

Even though the description is "White", what I received was exactly the same as the black wall adapter that came with my A81H. I was bummed as I'd wanted a stand alone battery charger, like the ones to charge those rechargeable AA batteries. No matter as I now have a spare and it didn't cost me that much. I just have to charge my spare battery using my A81H tablet.

I suppose you could always try emailing the guys at Merimobiles with a question before you pull the trigger, but at $15 and free shipping, I wasn't out that much. Uh pardon me for asking the obvious, but didn't you try clicking on the link I provided? All of the information you asked me comes up on your screen. (I just tried the link now.)