Wonder media wm8650, app market not working

Harmony23757

Nov 27, 2014
Hey, I brought this a few years ago for work never got on with it, put it away and now decided to give it to my nephew for Christmas. We went to set it up and everything works except the app market it says no internet connection when there's good wifi signal it won't allow us to to sign in with existing account or create new account yet all other aspects of device works fine I've tried reset to factory settings to no avail any help/advice would be great thank you

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Despite you saying all other aspects are working it seems that the good WiFi signal means just that, a good signal. That does not mean you have an Internet connection even if connected to the router.

If you can get connected I feel confident your other problems should be solved. Check the link in my signature that will take you to an entire thread on getting properly WiFi/Internet connected. It's a common problem which is why that thread was created.

Harmony23757

Nov 27, 2014
Welcome to the forum

Despite you saying all other aspects are working it seems that the good WiFi signal means just that, a good signal. That does not mean you have an Internet connection even if connected to the router.

If you can get connected I feel confident your other problems should be solved. Check the link in my signature that will take you to an entire thread on getting properly WiFi/Internet connected. It's a common problem which is why that thread was created.

Hi thanks. I am unsure wether I can fit a dongle. I have 3G setting in wireless and network settings. Add a 3G network or 3G dongle support list. Does this help with getting connected to the internet please

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Harmony,
I'm going to add my 2cents worth here also. Your original post stated that everything was working except the app market. Does that mean that you can access the internet through your browser?
Google has pages and pages of questions about the Wonder Media App Market.
From what that's been posted, it looks like the Google Play Store is not an option as well. You may have to try the Amazon App Store instead.
One solution that was mentioned was having to sideload the application .apk file, directly from the developers and manually install them that way.

Harmony23757

Nov 27, 2014
Hi. Thank you. I can get Facebook. Emails. But won't login to app market or download from market page although I can click on the games etc ? Ethernet settings at 0.0.0.0 is this usual. Complete PC idiot

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi thanks. I am unsure wether I can fit a dongle. I have 3G setting in wireless and network settings. Add a 3G network or 3G dongle support list. Does this help with getting connected to the internet please
I think you followed the wrong link, but your subsequent posts make me think that you are in fact connected so it may not help, but this is the link http://www.androidtablets.net/threa...onnected-if-having-problems.44790/#post232332
The other link was what to do if no WiFi was available, this one is how to get connected when it IS available.