won't hold a charge

nate39

Dec 28, 2011
Hi, I just got my momo11 today. It came from China and so the battery was more or less fully discharged. But even with it plugged in it boots off immediately. I left it charged for about half an hour and it still only stayed charged long enough to get into the desktop. Is this normal? Do I have to let it charge overnight since it is new? All the instructions are in Chinese so I have no idea. My Acer tab works fine as long as it is plugged in. thanks

nate39

Dec 28, 2011
I notice that when I plug in the charger I get a significant spark and it says it is 100% charged while it is booted.

nate39

Dec 28, 2011
Well, I see no one has any advice on this one. Turns out I figured out that the power adapter was defective or most likely the wrong kind. I bought another one at Walmart that works fine. Now to see if I will get any compensation for the 20 bucks I am out.

MOMO11SpeedUK

Aug 31, 2012
Well, I see no one has any advice on this one. Turns out I figured out that the power adapter was defective or most likely the wrong kind. I bought another one at Walmart that works fine. Now to see if I will get any compensation for the 20 bucks I am out.

Got to be worth a try - no reason you should be twenty bucks out of pocket.
I was going to reply to this thread that it's probably psu or worse a duff battery cell... glad it was the former (easier to remedy) :eek: