Worried you won't get a Google CR-48 Netbook? Think Again!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

Anytime something is offered for free on the Internet there is a rush for people to sign up and a feeling of elation... followed shortly by the feeling that you have a snowballs chance in hell of actually getting one. That's not the case with the Google CR-48 Netbook. Besides the fact that they are making 60,000 of the things in their initial run - they seem to be doing a great job at selecting random joes - not just dev's to receive the device.

This makes a lot of sense though as the operating system needs to work for random joe's and non-programmers alike so why not get it out there to a selection of both.

On the ChromeOSforums.net site alone we've seen at least 5 unrelated individuals receive the laptop in the first couple of days. We've got welcome threads of these people here, here, here, here and even some videos here.

So keep your chin up, you've got a good chance at getting one. I'm not going to say that by being an active member at the Chrome OS Forums will increase your chances at one -- but seeing our member success rate -- it can't hurt! (Register Here)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I'm registered and waiting :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

mrtubz69

Dec 5, 2010
If I register for forums im in the league to win one? Cool if so. My cousin would love to get his hands on this

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

fbales

May 5, 2010
No, I'm a random Frank. I received mine yesterday. I'm not a develolper; not associated with the computer industry in any way, and I got one. I'm 61, and I've been dinking with computers since the TRS-80 days, so I'm no novice. I was still surprised I got one.

The notebook is beautiful. Flat black rubberized, and no stickers or labels of any kind. So I played with it for several hours last night, and most of today, and I like it. I'm not ready to give up my hard drive, but I'm willing to try doing some stuff on the cloud, or is it IN the cloud.

About Chrome OS. If you like the Chrome browser, then you'll like it. If not, look elsewhere because they are identical in appearance.

Frank