WPDN Hacked W/CRUZ UI: HELP! LOTS of Questions!

slow_mo_panda

Nov 19, 2010
Ok, so I used the .zip file from the Cruz UI by tipstir flash to my WPDN and I am happy with the many new apps and stuff my PDN now has, but with a few problems:

1. I don't have WiFi here. How do I add my personal eBooks from my PC to my WPDN into the Aldiki app? I want to be able to READ the few hundred ePub books I have! I can't seem to get my PDN to detect my eBooks no matter where I load them to!
ETA: This is still an issue, please let me know how to get my ebooks imported!!

2. BIG problem! I can't figure out how to open the soft button keyboard on my screen! HOW do I do any registering, web browsing, or any typing at all when I don't have a keyboard??
ETA: GOT IT! THe keyboard just suddenly decided to work!! I hope it doesn't have on/off days all the time!

3. Is there a fix yet for videos that stutter? It's annoying trying to watch a video that pauses and stutters every few seconds.
ETA: I read that it has to do with which PD FW version is installed. Can I install an older version of the 'stock' FW and then install the Cruz UI and have the problem solved? Or am I just SOL?

4. How do I add some of the app icons that are on the 'drag-up' screen to the desktop screen? How do I delete some of the app icons from the desktop screen that I don't use?
ETA: Figured this out too, all on my own! :)

5. Are there any good sites to download apps from for the PDN that describe what each app is (not just a list of file names, and I have to know exactly what the file name is referring to?) I'd like to be able to 'shop' apps on my PC and load them onto my SD card to open on my PDN that way.
ETA: Still trying to find a website to get free WPDN apps, don't want just a list of vaguely named files that I don't have a clue as to thier functions...

6. Before I go to the Library and then don't know what I'm doing, how do I connect to the Library's WiFi once I get there? Is there any way to connect to the 'net on my PDN using the USB cord? (I don't think so, but just thought I'd ask!)
ETA: Headed there now to use WiFi on my PDN for the first time! (Well, first time with the hacked version anyway!) Wish me luck!

Thanks guys! (I am also a member of the SlateDroid site but that site is not working at the moment so I needed to try here!)

Last edited:

fran76

Dec 25, 2010
Hi. I have the WPDN too. Just got it. I am interested in upgrading/flashing & have already bought books off
BN so I am scared to lose them. I put about 60 PDF File ebooks on the PD but can re do that as long as I can
find a PDF compat ereading app. Are you able to get WIFI now? Are you happy that u flashed and was
it worth all the hubbub?

fran76

Dec 25, 2010
Hi. I have the WPDN too. Just got it. I am interested in upgrading/flashing & have already bought books off
BN so I am scared to lose them. I put about 60 PDF File ebooks on the PD but can re do that as long as I can
find a PDF compat ereading app. Are you able to get WIFI now? Are you happy that u flashed and was
it worth all the hubbub?

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
To move icons/remove them tap and hold. To move the screen will change to the desktop - untap. To delete notice that the point to drag to open the window turns to a trash can - drag and drop.

For aldiko, stick the sd card into your pc and stick the books in the import directory that is in either books or aldiko directory, then in aldiko import. Been a month or two since I did it, sorry if that isn't exact.

I posted some further app sources here awhile back, you might search here, also at slatedroid the same list is posted and a search, though search is not so great over there, should show up the thread.

Know nothing about your further questions, maybe someone else will post.

slow_mo_panda

Nov 19, 2010
I highly suggest backing up the books onto your hard drive before flashing, or else B&N should have them in your page on thier site after you've already officially bought them. Still, copy the files onto your PC to be safe. I am happier with the flashed PDN than the regular version, but it could use a lot of work!

KingWolf99

Dec 26, 2011
i tried to flash my WPDN but it keeps going off then comes on and Cruz pops up and repeats and one knows whats wrong

sykotikaljo

Dec 30, 2011
For my ebook transfers,i use adobe digital editions on my computer

Sent from my SlateDroid-CruzN using Android Tablet Forum