wrong "market store" called from inside APPs

jckatz

May 24, 2013
before you attack me, I have googled this, Binged this and searched this forum. And I haven't found the answer. So I apologize I can't imagine I am the only one with this problem..... So maybe my words are wrong.

Here is the problem. When I am using ANY APP (including Google Chrome) and Google says, "there is an update to Chrome Get it Now" I click on it and INSTEAD of opening PLAY (google Market). It opens AnZhi (the Onda Chinese App Store) which is built and and can not be uninstalled.

This was a serious problem with an APP that REQUIRED a second download and it KEPT calling AnZhi and I had the hardest time finding the app in the Google Play Store.

In addition to Google Play I also am using 1mobilemarket (i would be OK with EITHER being the DEFAULT called software).

Thank you for your help!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Go into Settings, select Apps, and find the built-in store. You should have an option to clear presets, which when cleared should prompt you to choose an app store the next time you encounter this. Or you can root your tablet and then you can delete the built-in app store, which is located in /system/app. Either option should fix the problem, though I personally recommend rooting and deleting the app.